Latendresse Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maithz

This guy is THE steal of the draft , just played 30 min against the lightning and got 2 goals , added a couple of nice cheks , just play like a 1st overall pick .

This guy is getting more and more points , likely to start the season at Montreal and makes like Bergeron did 2 years before

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
HABS-65 said:
This guy is THE steal of the draft , just played 30 min against the lightning and got 2 goals , added a couple of nice cheks , just play like a 1st overall pick .

This guy is getting more and more points , likely to start the season at Montreal and makes like Bergeron did 2 years before

*sigh*

Enthusiasm and excitement...good.

Ridiculous overhyping and pomp...not good.

I got slammed pre-draft for my expectations of Latendresse and his draft position, and several people ridiculed me after the draft. But this sort of thing isn't what I want to be hearing either about a guy whose doing well in training camp.

Maithz

If Gainey said that Latendresse has a nice shot of making the team ... yeah I am overrating Latendresse ...

MontrealCruiser_83*

Figured it would be a matter of moments before this thread would pop up.

Huge game... but I wanna see him keep it up for another few games.

Who am I kidding, we got two top-10 picks in 2005. :p:

Maithz

" He Play Like " , not saying that he is a 1st overall pick !

Kasparov*

MontrealCruiser_83 said:
Figured it would be a matter of moments before this thread would pop up.

Huge game... but I wanna see him keep it up for another few games.

True... and Latendresse even who getting picked at 45, is probably alot more helpful for us than if we drafted Brule instead..

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I think Latendresse's stellar play at training camp may be because of outstanding effort on his part. Latendresse may be shaping up now out of 1.shock at getting picked late or 2. desire to prove everyone wrong. He may have been very surprised to fall out of the first round, and perhaps he has realized he will need to put more effort to play in the NHL. Also, he may have the desire to silence critis, something not uncommon for an eighteen year old. Reminds me of Steve Bernier, who after getting ridiculed for failing fitness tests worked his tail off to get back in shape.

Always a good thing :)

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I'm really happy with the pick. And he's playing great, but

Let's not overhype this kid.

Anyways, I love this kid!!!

Sammy*

MontrealCruiser_83 said:

Ha,ha, ha.
I guess he must be the 2nd coming of Komi, forward stlyle.
We've heard it all before.
Why you guys keep on making spectacles of yourselves, only you guys can answer.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Remember Hainsey a couple years ago? Did wicked in pre-season lead all defence in scoring.. Let's give it some time and not overhype this kid just to be disappointed.

Spooky371*

GOD I HATE LIVING IN QUEBEC FOR THAT REASON :
Latendresse score 2 goal, 1 assist.. he have NEVER play ONE game in the NHL. And now a friend come see me on MSN and said : '' Hey Kév, Latendresse yé crissement fort, y va faire 60 pts cette saison, plus ke Koivu ! ''

(Eh Kev, Latendresse are so good, he going to put 60 pts this year, he way better than Koivu)...

DAMNNNN

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
There's one reason alone he won't be in the NHL this year (compared to Bergeron): his skating. He can have plenty of time in the Q to work on it. When Bergeron broke into the league, it was not only because of his ability in both ends of the rink, but his skating didn't make him a liability...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Overhype on Habs fans part or not, 2 goals 1 assist as a 18yr old making his debut is pretty good...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hyped said:
There's one reason alone he won't be in the NHL like this year like Bergeron was able to do: his skating. He can have plenty of time in the Q to work on it. When Bergeron broke into the league, it was not only because of his ability in both ends of the rink, but his skating didn't make him a liability...

His skating issues were way overblown...and i've seen him this year live several times, his skating won't hold him back, that's for sure...I don't know if it's because of all the work he did in the offseason with power skating, but if you saw him for the 1st time today, you wouldn't even know this guy had skating "issues"

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
His skating issues were way overblown...and i've seen him this year live several times, his skating won't hold him back, that's for sure...I don't know if it's because of all the work he did in the offseason with power skating, but if you saw him for the 1st time today, you wouldn't even know this guy had skating "issues"

His first step quickness is almost non-existent. That can have you 3 steps behind in the NHL before you even get started. Nobody said his north-south skating was insufficient, it's his foot quickness. It still needs plenty of work...

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Spooky371 said:
GOD I HATE LIVING IN QUEBEC FOR THAT REASON :
Latendresse score 2 goal, 1 assist.. he have NEVER play ONE game in the NHL. And now a friend come see me on MSN and said : '' Hey Kév, Latendresse yé crissement fort, y va faire 60 pts cette saison, plus ke Koivu ! ''

(Eh Kev, Latendresse are so good, he going to put 60 pts this year, he way better than Koivu)...

DAMNNNN

he's stupid that's it. I don't even think that Latendresse is going to play in the nhl this year. But really, he's incredible.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Hyped said:
There's one reason alone he won't be in the NHL this year (compared to Bergeron): his skating. He can have plenty of time in the Q to work on it. When Bergeron broke into the league, it was not only because of his ability in both ends of the rink, but his skating didn't make him a liability...
You did not see the first 2 period i saw. His skating is not an issue.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Hyped said:

It's not time to get too excited about Latendresse, i agree. He's 18 years old and just playing a huge game (it's still only 1 game).

But those skating issues, i'm now sure of it are things of the past. Really, from a strictly skating point of view, that wont prevent him at all now. Unless he regress in this regard, it's a case close.

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
And now a friend come see me on MSN and said : '' Hey Kév, Latendresse yé crissement fort, y va faire 60 pts cette saison, plus ke Koivu !

lol dude ur friend is a moron :sarcasm:

delete his name from ur friends list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->