Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
From post on another thread

X-SHARKIE
Da Sharks

2005 Eligible, Scouting reports.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have seen a few players that are 2005 eligible. Here are my thoughts on some heavily hyped players. You all know the story on Crosby

C Gilbert Brule: First off let me say, The hype on this guy could be defaning if it wasn't for Crosby stealing the show. Brule is an amazing, elite talent that by the looks of it, could go #1 overall in most drafts IMO. This guy has it all, He's not big, They have him listed at 5-10 176, but you would never notice. This guy well punish you, You touch the puck, he's going to finish his check on you, I love his game, he's got an edge, and agression, a passion to it. Such a strong player on the puck, An excelent skater. Very quick, has elite acceleration and he is a very fast player, He also uses his speed very effectively. Amazing hands, he can make defensman look bad. He has a flair to his game, he's not all power and heart, Gilbert has some elite hands. He can go end to end. Amazing shooting arsenal. Hit the pipe twice, on two monster slap shots. Scored in the 2nd period, made the goalie look scared then put it between the legs. Awesome. Very creative as well, can sit his man up for gimme goals witch he did. He's a nasty, competiive player in the corners, much like Forsberg. Alot of fun to watch. After watching him play, it makes me wonder if Crosby is that big of a lock? Next years WJC should be very interesting if both are invited.

F Guillaume Latendresse...... Towering forward, very big, has the body of a powerforward, and plays like one. Like Brule, he loves the rough stuff. Hits alot and hard, Goes right in front of the net or in the corners. A player that simply is a monster and even defensman that are very physically mature can't seem to handle him down low. Makes room for his teamates, Sets them up very well. Good hands, not in the same league as Brule, but he can dangle the puck at times. Great shooting selection. Has a strong snap and wrist shot. Used his back hand twice. Awesome vision, and great creativitiy with the puck. Passes are crisp and on the tape. Has a real prescense on the ice, when he's out there he makes things happens, and his line mates better. Strong two way player, thats very competive and helpfull in his own end. Very smart player. Won't burn you with his wheels, but he's a solid all around skater, with good agility, top speed is strong, but first step isn't quite there yet. Sorta reminded me of Todd Bertuzzi.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
trahans99 said:
Can anyone give me a description on these players (what team and league they play for, attributes and player comparisons)

for 2nd you would have to look at Latendresse, Brule, Bertram, Cogliano (who is just as good as the rest) and Anikeenko

Thanks

Remember this is style of play not who I compare them to, though I think these 5 players have the potential to be superstars in the future.

Latendresse- Todd Bertuzzi
Bertram- A more durable Sergei Samsonov
Cogliano- Mike Gartner
Brule- Peter Forsberg
Anikeenko- Rob Blake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad