Ondrej Fiala - 20-40
Mike Forney - 15-25
Bobby Hughes - 30-60

DarthSather99

Mar 2, 2002
NYC
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Where do you see these players ending up?

Cory Emmerton
Ben Maxwell
Mike Grabner
Parick Berglund
Ondrej Fiala
Mike Forney
Bobby Hughes

Cheers.

not sure but I believe the Rangers will be taking one of Berglund, Grabner, Fiala or Forney at 21 (or 20 if Edmonton wins the Cup).

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
DarthSather99 said:
not sure but I believe the Rangers will be taking one of Berglund, Grabner, Fiala or Forney at 21 (or 20 if Edmonton wins the Cup).

Geez, I hope not, much better players available for the Rangers at #21.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Bluenote13 said:
Geez, I hope not, much better players available for the Rangers at #21.

I don't know... Forney is nothing to sneeze at. He's the next Blake Wheeler, but with a slightly more advanced game than Wheeler had going into the draft. If he cn be taught a new dimension of the game, say hello to a new Erik Cole in 6-7 years.

Berglund is more of a risk than I want to take. You could get a Swedish O. Jokinen or a Marcus Jonasen.

Grabner is attractive, but once you consider the big picture, we have snipers in Prucha and Dawes, but a scorer on the right side might be nice.

Fiala is a pass with Immonen, Dubinsky and Olver in the ranks... unless he can play RW.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
BobMarleyNYR said:
I don't know... Forney is nothing to sneeze at. He's the next Blake Wheeler, but with a slightly more advanced game than Wheeler had going into the draft. If he cn be taught a new dimension of the game, say hello to a new Erik Cole in 6-7 years.

Berglund is more of a risk than I want to take. You could get a Swedish O. Jokinen or a Marcus Jonasen.

Grabner is attractive, but once you consider the big picture, we have snipers in Prucha and Dawes, but a scorer on the right side might be nice.

Fiala is a pass with Immonen, Dubinsky and Olver in the ranks... unless he can play RW.

I saw Erik Cole at the same age, way more talented with the puck than Forney. From what i've heard Forney is soft. I'm guessing he'll go early 2nd round, I like a few others at #20/21.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Cory Emmerton 15-20
Ben Maxwell 15-20
Mike Grabner 20-25
Parick Berglund 15-20
Ondrej Fiala 35-40
Mike Forney 10-30
Bobby Hughes 46

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Bluenote13 said:
I saw Erik Cole at the same age, way more talented with the puck than Forney. From what i've heard Forney is soft. I'm guessing he'll go early 2nd round, I like a few others at #20/21.

That's why I say IF he can learn that element of the game. Easier said than done, so you're probably right.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
Forney is nothing to sneeze at. He's the next Blake Wheeler, but with a slightly more advanced game than Wheeler had going into the draft.

Having seen both of them play at the same stage of their life, Wheeler was a better player. He was much more gifted offensively and was a better skater considering his size.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
PuckFan01 said:
Having seen both of them play at the same stage of their life, Wheeler was a better player. He was much more gifted offensively and was a better skater considering his size.

Blake Wheeler sucks i sure hope Forney has a better freshman year then Blake im overrated Wheeler does you homer....

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
USA! said:
Blake Wheeler sucks i sure hope Forney has a better freshman year then Blake im overrated Wheeler does you homer....

Maybe Forney will. Although I think he'll probably struggle next year. Especially since he has had his off-season training sidetracked to some extent due to healing from injuries.

Either way, it doesn't change the point which is Wheeler was more advanced a player at the same stage. Your homeristic response aside, most people who have seen both players play enough times would tell you the same thing.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
monster_bertuzzi said:
Where do you see these players ending up?

Cory Emmerton
Ben Maxwell
Mike Grabner
Parick Berglund
Ondrej Fiala
Mike Forney
Bobby Hughes

Cheers.

Fiala is a guy I see dropping, possibly a long way. If you're a late birthdate and have had an extra year of development, you'd better show it ... 35 points isn't exactly impressive. He has good size and is a smooth player, but I don't see a lot of dynamic upside there, and he's pretty soft. And scouts next-to-last memory of him this season - taken off on a stretcher, concussed, after being demolished by Brule - isn't good. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him slip to the 50-75 range.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad