Late born 88's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Hamill would be top ten. Whether he would beat out Toews in the top 5 is also possible as Hamill had a good Under 18 World showing in the Czech this August. Too bad it wasn't televised.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
monster_bertuzzi said:
''Um'' I think only only the big three of Kessel, Frolik, and Towes are more talented than he is...

I think Hamill is fairly over-rated. He's only a week off being eligible for this year's draft, and statistically he isn't any better or bigger than guys like Ben Maxwell and Riley Holzapfel, who probably won't be first-rounders. Hamill is more explosive, and a better prospect than those guys, but I don't get the top-5 hype. He isn't as good as, say, Brule at the same age. IMO he's a strong canditate to fall a fair bit before the 2007 draft.

Hamill got off to a huge start last season which was really impressive since it was three seasons ahead of his draft year. Since then, his development hasn't really taken off.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
MS said:
I think Hamill is fairly over-rated. He's only a week off being eligible for this year's draft, and statistically he isn't any better or bigger than guys like Ben Maxwell and Riley Holzapfel, who probably won't be first-rounders. Hamill is more explosive, and a better prospect than those guys, but I don't get the top-5 hype. He isn't as good as, say, Brule at the same age. IMO he's a strong canditate to fall a fair bit before the 2007 draft.

Maxwell was rated 12 overall by I think redline it was - and Hamil is much better than Maxwell.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
"Better than" comment is always subjective isn't it? That is why drafting is always so hit and miss and open to endless debate.
Comparing the players ie: Mueller and Hamill-
One is bigger and has a physical presence the other doesn't have.
However ability to make things happen or seizing an opportunity about equal. Thinking the game about equal.
I think Hamill is a faster skater in all directions and perhaps more opportunistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->