Last year 2nd round

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Star United

Mar 1, 2002
Liverpool
It now seems clear that last year draft was deeper than this year's. So my question is how would be this year's draft if the players of the second round last year were to be included (see http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html)? Where would go players like Richmond, Stone, Eriksson, Egener, Smaby, Pushkarev, Bergeron, Fritshe, Carle, Chernykh, Weber, Tunik, O'Sullivan, ...?

How would you rank the top 30? Obviously, Ovechkin and Malkin would be Top 2, an probably the Top 5 would remain unchanged, but after that, what do you think would happen?

IMO, I think there are at least 5 to 10 players of last year secound round that could go in the first this year. What do you think?

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
All Star United said:
It now seems clear that last year draft was deeper than this year's. So my question is how would be this year's draft if the players of the second round last year were to be included (see http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html)? Where would go players like Richmond, Stone, Eriksson, Egener, Smaby, Pushkarev, Bergeron, Fritshe, Carle, Chernykh, Weber, Tunik, O'Sullivan, ...?

How would you rank the top 30? Obviously, Ovechkin and Malkin would be Top 2, an probably the Top 5 would remain unchanged, but after that, what do you think would happen?

IMO, I think there are at least 5 to 10 players of last year secound round that could go in the first this year. What do you think?

Dont forget Josh Hennessy

He could be the best of the group

Igor Mirnov will also be a dynamic player

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
All Star United said:

Late bloomer Bergeron followed by early bloomer Ovechkin followed by Malkin...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
All Star United said:
Really? You would take Bergeron ahead of Ovechkin and Malkin?

On what I know about Bergeron and what little I know about Ovechkin/Malkin, yes. Bergeron is roughly same age as Ovechkin. Ovechkin was by far the best 16 year old of the three and Bergeron by far the worst. Ovechkin was the best 17 year old of the three and Bergeron most improved but still third. Ovechkin is arguably the better 18 year old (Malkin still 17 I think) but Bergeron is close. So I see Bergeron as improving faster than ANYONE in his age group. The question is when will Bergeron plateau. Malkin may not be NHL ready yet, but one year ago (at Malkin's current age) Bergeron looked like he might make the NHL somedaybut certainly not in the near future.

Be interesting to see how they compare next year.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
On what I know about Bergeron and what little I know about Ovechkin/Malkin, yes. Bergeron is roughly same age as Ovechkin. Ovechkin was by far the best 16 year old of the three and Bergeron by far the worst. Ovechkin was the best 17 year old of the three and Bergeron most improved but still third. Ovechkin is arguably the better 18 year old (Malkin still 17 I think) but Bergeron is close. So I see Bergeron as improving faster than ANYONE in his age group. The question is when will Bergeron plateau. Malkin may not be NHL ready yet, but one year ago (at Malkin's current age) Bergeron looked like he might make the NHL somedaybut certainly not in the near future.

:lol:

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
Crosbyfan said:

1+1 = 11??
:lol:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
sharkyz15 said:
Dont forget Josh Hennessy

He could be the best of the group

Igor Mirnov will also be a dynamic player

yep , last year 2nd round was really solid imo .

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:

Bergeron is really good but the two Russians are projected to be elite, elite players. Hall of famers if they stay healthy.

I really don't see Bergeron as comparable. Malkin and Ovechkin are expected to end up better.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Bergeron is really good but the two Russians are projected to be elite, elite players. Hall of famers if they stay healthy.

I really don't see Bergeron as comparable. Malkin and Ovechkin are expected to end up better.

Good thing Bergeron doesn't know this. He didn't know he wasn't suppose to make the Bruins last year either. Instead he surprised everyone being their 6th highest scorer in the regular season and 4th in the playoffs including leading the team in +/-with a +5 in the 7 games, before playing a role in Canada's gold medal at the WCs. Not bad for an unknown guy playing Midget 2 years ago. He still won't turn 19 for another month yet an awful lot of people seem to feel they have a good grasp of his limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad