Post-Game Talk: Last Preseason Game: Canucks 1 vs Coyotes 4: Minimalist PGT. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
This is just an awful hockey team. Wow, watching this is so depressing. This is what the Oilers were for years...

Reactions: geebaan

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Hey, it's something.

Boeser will start doing things when the season starts, right?

I think we should expect a slow start after what we’ve seen. As much as it’s preseason I doubt he’s just going to flick a switch and look like a 40 goal scorer in game 1. It’s been really disappointing to watch.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Unlucky bounce to go off him and in the net, happens to the best defensemen. I agree it was a weak clearing attempt. Maybe there's something wrong with his wrist? Anyway, still pre-season. He's been quite good this game otherwise.

I agree the bounce was unlucky. The clearing attempt was that of a no-talent player with no awareness rushing the play and making a lousy effort as a result.

Reactions: Cheeks Clapinski

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Yes Bo, don't worry about the wins and losses. You won't be seeing very many wins this season.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I agree the bounce was unlucky. The clearing attempt was that of a no-talent player with no awareness rushing the play and making a lousy effort as a result.

You can say that but you're setting a really high standard for players who have talent. Every defenseman and every player I've ever seen play for the Canucks has made that kind of weak clearing attempt that makes you yell at the TV. I think with Gudbranson though, he's a very cerebral player in terms of getting involved in the X's and O's I notice he is often leading the charge in practice and on the bench when it comes to the strategy aspect of it. It could be that he is processing many possible decisions at once and as a result, combined with his large frame (which has its benefits in other areas) and therefore longer travel distance of his neural pathways, doesn't fully commit to one action. I'm not defending it as a good play but I hope you will join me in giving these types of plays their proper weight and also keep just as diligent track of the good plays he has made this game and overall in every game.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
were there any other interesting tidbits i wasn't there.

he knew we were picking hughes when seemingly no one else did so i'll give him some credit.

Nothing that stood out.

Said that Benning said our team is at the mercy of the production from Boeser and Petterson. He got a bottom six that would be tougher to play against. Schaller, Beagle, Virtanen for now.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Yes Bo, don't worry about the wins and losses. You won't be seeing very many wins this season.

I know he has to say what he says but I couldn't help but chortle a bit at "have to make sure we are getting better with every game."

Well let's see, at the start of the pre-season we had a roster that was half AHL players, whereas the last 7 periods have been pretty much our full-on opening night roster and we have one goal, so...

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Gudbranson weighs what, 220 or so? Just needs to lose some weight, should improve his brain functions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad