Post-Game Talk: Last Preseason Game: Canucks 1 vs Coyotes 4: Minimalist PGT. RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
That seems about right except Motte will probably be sent down in favour of keeping Granlund. Depressing.

Which is so assinine, because Motte actually DESERVES a spot the way he played this pre-season. Which is a far cry from most others trying to make the team.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Which is so assinine, because Motte actually DESERVES a spot the way he played this pre-season. Which is a far cry from most others trying to make the team.
Yup, all this talk about a competitive camp and the one guy who actually worked his ass off might get sent down.

Asset management shouldn’t matter when you’re talking about 4th line scrubs. Not like it’s hard to find more of those.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell

Yeah you basically deem preseason performance irrelevant if the one of the few guys who has played like he actually deserves a spot on a NHL roster, although that's to be expected when talking about this team.

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
It'll be real interesting to see how this starting lineup does against Arizona. We're only missing a few players, none of them super impactful besides Baertschi sometimes. So, this is basically it.

Arizona is a great, young team so I don't expect them to suck. Hopefully Boeser can grab a goal to give him a boost before Wednesday, and that top line can have success, as well as Pettersson's.

It's funny, a lot of these guys if they weren't already regular NHLers would have been cut if they were on tryouts. Maybe even Boeser. Haha.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
1dceb96c30bdcca8693d867fa55875a5.png

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Very happy to see Edler/Stecher and Tanev/Hutton top 2 pairings on defense.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Can someone do a screenshot of the gap control by Pouliot on Keller with 14:56 left in the first? Jesus Christ that was ludicrous. Was like he was having a conversation with Markstrom as the puck entered the zone.

Reactions: geebaan and dim jim

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Getting scored on first in 5 of 6 games reminds me of that stretch with Willie D where we gave up the first goal somewhere between 11-13 games in a row. That's how I remember it at least.

Reactions: geebaan

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I like what I'm seeing early from the Pouliot-Gudbranson pairing. Guddy with a nice hit, good physical game early. Takes the pressure off by flipping it out of danger. Pouliot looks like he's putting in a good defensive effort thus far. I hope we get to see this pairing in the regular season, it seems like the two would complement each others skillsets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad