Last Piece: Corey Perry

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Simply meant we wouldn't have to part with any assets. No Bobby Ryan scenario. No longer on the Ryan train. I think Perry is a better fit. Sorry, perfect fit.

Ah, Gotcha... Makes sense now. I'm sure most Sabres fans would favor signing Perry as a UFA over trading a bunch of assets for Ryan. With that said, I can't see Anaheim letting Perry or Getzlaf get to UFA this summer, sure they will overpay like crazy to ensure that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Rather have Getzlaf but either one will be great. Not a great free agent class means they will offers from all over.

We really dont know for sure yet how good or bad the free agent class will be. A lot will depend on the amount of compliance buyouts. The free agent crop may improve quite a bit.

Also the amount of teams bidding doesn't change the fact that none can offer more than a 7 year deal with only so much front loading. It would basically boil down to who could sell their team the best. Add in the cap upper limit holding at 64.5mil and there may be less teams capable of getting into the bidding as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad