The Washer

Feb 7, 2011
Dump Stafford
Sign Perry ---> See Pegula Bucks
We retain everrrrbodie ---> See Bobby Ryan

Foligno-Ennis-PERRY
Vanek-Hodgson-Pomm
Grigersons-Grigerenko-Armia

It really is that simple. Now if Ruff would only keep these lines intact for years instead of weeks, we may have something very special here. To me, that looks like a Van Gogh.

Thoughts?

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Doubtful that Girgensons will be ready for full time NHL duty, and Foligno will be able to play on the top line so soon, but obviously adding Perry makes our team look so much better. I think Armia will be able to step into a top 6 role when he comes over. Not that we will have the room.

That lineup looks awesome though, if we could somehow land Perry it would be a dream come true. :laugh:

If Pegula was comfortable with giving Doan 7.5 million I hope he does the same with Perry.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Need to wait and see what Foligno-Ennis-Stafford does this season. If they continue where they left off last season, dumping Stafford would be a big mistake. If that line comes apart though, then by all means look to replace him with an upgrade.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Need to wait and see what Foligno-Ennis-Stafford does this season. If they continue where they left off last season, dumping Stafford would be a big mistake. If that line comes apart though, then by all means look to replace him with an upgrade.

WE never really know though... Stafford is either solid and awesome, or just very unpredictable. was it 11 or 12 that he had... 4 hat tricks I think... But when they were rolling that line was a murder fest.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'd be pretty surprised if Perry becomes a free agent. It's more likely he gets traded somewhere and signs an extension there.

NoClue4u

Dec 8, 2008
Boston, MA
Perry would be a great addition, especially if we didnt have to give up anything to get him. He would provide a nice bridge between Vanek and Pommer and the younger core.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Dump Stafford
Sign Perry ---> See Pegula Bucks
We retain everrrrbodie ---> See Bobby Ryan

Foligno-Ennis-PERRY
Vanek-Hodgson-Pomm
Grigersons-Grigerenko-Armia

It really is that simple. Now if Ruff would only keep these lines intact for years instead of weeks, we may have something very special here. To me, that looks like a Van Gogh.

Thoughts?

What does this even mean?

I would love Perry btw

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
Rather have Getzlaf but either one will be great. Not a great free agent class means they will offers from all over.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Can you imagine Perry, Ott, Kaleta, and Gerbe on one team? First Niagara Center would be a friggin warzone.

The Washer

Feb 7, 2011
WE never really know though... Stafford is either solid and awesome, or just very unpredictable. was it 11 or 12 that he had... 4 hat tricks I think... But when they were rolling that line was a murder fest.

Stafford is one of 2 left from the old core that I can no longer tolerate. The other would start a riot on the board. Fall in love with his "stretches", but I want him know where near the development of Foligno/Ennis. Quoting Ennis "When Staff calls for the puck, you gotta get Staff the puck". This stymies creativity and flow. And what happens if Staff doesnt get the puck when he calls for it. Staff's nothing more than Kotalik with a drive to the hoop. Perry would be the perfect mentor for Foligno and not to mention Armia and the rest of the new core. Thats the attitude I prefer. Not Kotalik calling for the ball likes he's Jordan.

Any wanna start a http://www.gofundme.com page for a Corey Perry Billboard....I'll kick in the first hundo.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Stafford is one of 2 left from the old core that I can no longer tolerate. The other would start a riot on the board. Fall in love with his "stretches", but I want him know where near the development of Foligno/Ennis. Quoting Ennis "When Staff calls for the puck, you gotta get Staff the puck". This stymies creativity and flow. And what happens if Staff doesnt get the puck when he calls for it. Staff's nothing more than Kotalik with a drive to the hoop. Perry would be the perfect mentor for Foligno and not to mention Armia and the rest of the new core. Thats the attitude I prefer. Not Kotalik calling for the ball likes he's Jordan.

Any wanna start a http://www.gofundme.com page for a Corey Perry Billboard....I'll kick in the first hundo.

:shakehead

Maybe he's being a good teammate because he believes in Stafford's ability to puck the puck in the net? Don't take things out of context... I would love Perry and if we lose Stafford and gain Perry I could careless. But use actual legitimate arguments please...

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

You're clearly taking what Ennis said the completely wrong way from what he intended and what he meant. He's very simply saying that Stafford is very good and that you have to get him the puck when he thinks he's open, because Ennis believes in his ability to score. That reflects positively on their relationship.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
I'd rather have Getzlaf. I think that if Getzlaf were our 1st line center, it would be helpful for the developement of ennis and Hodgson. You would take a lot of pressure off our young centers. And in 2-3 years, they could takeover the top line and Getzlaf would be still a great 3rd line center.

2013 offense linup with getzlaf:

Vanek - Getzlaf - Armia
Girgs - Hodgson - Pominville
Foligno - Ennis - Stafford
Leino/xxx - Adam/Zemgus - Kaleta

Wouldn't that be freakin awesome?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
That line set up.
Anyway,I think it's a stretch we see Corey or Ryan come here. Sadly. :(.
We do need to see some sort of improvement in Buffalo though. More C depth and one more Foligno type. Getz and Perry can bring that.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'd rather have Getzlaf. I think that if Getzlaf were our 1st line center, it would be helpful for the developement of ennis and Hodgson. You would take a lot of pressure off our young centers. And in 2-3 years, they could takeover the top line and Getzlaf would be still a great 3rd line center.

2013 offense linup with getzlaf:

Vanek - Getzlaf - Armia
Girgs - Hodgson - Pominville
Foligno - Ennis - Stafford
Leino/xxx - Adam/Zemgus - Kaleta

Wouldn't that be freakin awesome?

I'd rather have Getzlaf as well, in large part because having a center of his caliber would be a fantastic bridge to the younger guys coming into their own at that position and then, when they're ready, the kind of center depth that wins you championships.

That said, acquiring him is even less likely than Perry. I just don't see the Ducks letting these guys walk. If they can't get them resigned I'm fairly sure they'll move who they have to move by the trade deadline, and then that new team is going to try their damnedest to resign. If that happens, obviously Buffalo can be the team trying to swing the deal but it's a different animal than signing a free agent.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
A Perry/Ryan trade is probably dependent on both CoHo and Ennis showing they can be top 2 center options. If both develop and Grigorenko is still progressing as a top 2 then you have the necessary parts to swing a deal for players of that caliber. Move 1 of them at the deadline for Perry or for Ryan after the season. If you want 1 it's gonna cost a center.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
And I think replacing leino with perry would make us a contender:
Perry-Grigs-Pommers
Vanek-CoHo-Armia
Foligno-Ennis-Stafford
Ott-Girgs-Gerbe
Kaleta

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad