Movies: Last Movie You Watched and Rate It | Part#: Some High Number

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Abducted In Plain Sight [2019] : (* Netflix Original *)

What can I say about Abducted In Plain Sight?

Well... it makes you sick, it makes you feel dirty, and the story is so absurd/crazy, you wonder if it's real. I also hope the predator who destroyed this family burns in hell.

I have no idea how to rate this documentary, so I won't.

Movie Trailer :

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Well... That's a 10/10 for me. Amazing film that deals with lots of complex stuff. I'm afraid that you didn't really get where it was going if you think the one violent scene was there only to cause a reaction (and I've seen it twice in theater and I've actually never seen an audience react as hard to anything, it is real simple but really efficient). It's horrible and it's sudden, but it forces you to look at what you don't want to see, which is an amazing way to include the spectator in the whole guilt trip the character (and the nation by extension) has to face.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I think I just loathe slow-paced movies with little dialogue in general, I'll maybe give it another try in a few months or years...:DD

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Thank you for sharing your opinion, I think I just loathe slow-paced movies with little dialogue in general, I'll maybe give it another try in a few months or years...:DD

Slow is a matter of perspective. To me, Caché isn't really a slow film, and it has amazing performances. Try something like Un homme qui dort, or Le Navire Night, that's slow films (both films I adore, but you really have to be in the right mood to support them). Anyway, no worry. You might like to try something else by Haneke - Funny Games or Benny's Video both too use some over-the-top violence to include the spectator in the film's reflection.

Reactions: JunglePete
Sep 19, 2008
Into the Spider Verse (8/10) Very good movie. Took some time to get used to some of the concepts like Aunt May becoming a weapons dealer but still good movie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad