Last mock draft pre draft

Zeroknowledge*

1. Edmonton : Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - As much as they might want Larsson here I doubt they pick him simply because chances are that he might just be a very solid player and not a star, on the other RNH has all the skill in the world and linemates to be a star player

2. Colorado : Gabriel Landeskog - I think they will pass on Larsson and go for Landeskog to compensate the loss of Stewart and you can't go wrong with such heart and dedication.

3. Florida : Jonathon Huberdeau - Once he gains 15 to 20 pounds he will be an elite player, is a leader and a winner and an offensive enigma which they desperately need.

4. New Jersey : - Adam Larsson - A major need here at 4 and perhaps BPA, Jersey is known from building from a defense first philosophy and Larsson will shine in Lou's system.

5. Islanders : Doug Hamilton - Alot of speculation that Hamilton is their guy here and I uderstand why they'd want to pass on Couturier for him, they are stacked with young centers and a potential top 2 D to play with Hamonic will elevate this team.Hamilton might be as good as Larsson one day, he is the complete package.

6. Ottawa : Ryan Strome - I think Couturier is easily the BPA here but I believe the Senators organization will finally select Strome, he can be somehow compared to Spezza and maybe learn a thing or two from him.

7. Winnipeg : Sean Couturier - Winnipeg gets the big center falling into their lap, great solid two way center might not be a first line dominant center but I can't see him turning into anything less than a top 5 top 2 center in the NHL a couple years from now.

8. CBJ : Ryan Murphy - at 8 Columbus gets a guy that they might have picked even at 5 or 6 had they had the pick, they are in need of defensive prospects and a PMD is a necessity, Murphy is definitely a great fit here.

9. Boston (TOR) : Nathan Beaulieu - I know Bruins fans want Murphy but Boston has been known to draft from the Q consistently and with Murphy gone there's no better pick than Beaulieu at 9 as he also is a great need to their organization.

10. Minnesota : - Mika Zibanejad - Has drawn some comparisons to Miiko Koivu, he's a real wild card though there's speculation that Jersey is willing to trade down and pick him up.

11. Colorado (STL) : Jonas Brodin - With a Swede already drafted, the Avalanche draft another one here with their second pick, Brodin is a very safe pick, he might not turn into a star but will will eventually be a 25-28 minute a night type of player.

12. Carolina : Rocco Grimaldi - My gut feeling has him going to Calorina, known for drafting north Americans with heart, no one's heart compares to his, skill is on par with RNH and Huberdeau, I can't see him ending up being anything less than a 50 point player that can play the power play and PK.

13. Calgary : Mark Schiefele - They select Schiefele here, a player that has come out of nowhere but has got rave reviews, he was a great performer on a brutal team and tore it up for the U18 team, needs to bulk up a bit.

14. Dallas : Oscar Klefbom- Another Swedish player gone, displays various pros which the Stars love, leadership, a solid 2 way game, size and vision, potentially can be the best D drafted this year.

15. Rangers : Joel Armia - A pure Sniper, was able to score 18 in a man's league, if the Rangers are patient with him I see him coming in 3 years from now and becoming a regular 30+ goal scorer.

16. Buffalo : Zach Phillips - I see the Sabres falling in love with this kid, he plays a Derek Roy kind of game, doesn't have his speed though, has great playmaking skills and elite vision.

17. Montreal : Mark Mcneill - Tough player, definitely a need being a big center, questionable work ethic and offensive potential though, has been compared to Brandon Dubinsky.

18. Chicago : Duncan Siemens - With Siemens available they quickly grab him and hope a guy like Seabrook can teach him a thing or two.

19. Edmonton (LAK): Jamieson Oleksiak - Huge Dmen, best one available, there's no doubt they draft a D here unless they pick Larsson up at 1, Oleksiak is no where near as mean or physical as Chara. Think of him as a future Gill with smoother skating and a better shot.

20. Phoenix : Sven Bartschi - Hard to pass up on Batschi here, they need offensive minded players there more than anything else, size and skating are slight concerns but the hands and playmaking are amost top 6 NHL ready.

21. Ottawa (NSH) : Matt Puempel - Their offense is dry in the pro ranks and in the minors, so they take another forward one with sniper abilities, if they can get him to stay focused and healthy he might be a steal here at 21.

22. Anaheim : JT Miller - A two way forward with size and good skating skills, offensive potential is still a question mark but I see him as a safe pick that will at least be a decent 3rd line center. If he reaches his potential he's the kind of player that will have many teams regretting on passing on him.

23. Pittsburgh : Tyler Biggs - They draft a mean player with size that will come in to protect Crosby and Malkin and chip in every once a while, can be a Lucic type of player one day.

24. Detroit : Connor Murphy - A very smart D-man, will do wonders in the Wings system, will be a solid 2nd pairing physical Dman, a very safe pick here at 24.

25. Toronto (PHI) : Joe Morrow - They lack a solid puck moving Defenseman and select the best one available.

26. Washington Capitals : Boone Jenner - A hard working two way forward that fits the new identity that Caps management is trying to portray, another safe pick but I don't see him ever being anything more than a very solid third liner that will play top PK minutes and perhaps one day being a captain.

27. Tampa Bay Lightning : Nicklas Jensen - Ideally they draft a D here but with all Dmen slated to go in the first gone they select the BPA, Jensen is a total boom bust player, he'll either be a 50- 60 point player or he'll be playing somewhere in Europe 5 years from now, no in betweens.

28. San Jose Sharks : Vladislav Namestnikov - Not known for drafting Russians they take a chance here on a player that has elite two way skill, is a great skater and is determined to play in the NHL, is a top 20 player falls down because he's Russian, that simple.

29. Vancouver : Stefan Noesen - Their series with Boston proved them one thing, you can't win with skill, they draft a tough kid with lots of heart in Noesen.

30. Toronto (BOS) : Brandon Saad - The free fall ends here, his second half of the season showed a lot of weaknesses but Burke takes a gamble and hopes he bounces back next year. The potential is definitely there but the lack of heart isn't

Last edited by a moderator:

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
9. Boston (TOR) : Nathan Beaulieu - I know Bruins fans want Beaulieu but Boston has been known to draft from the Q consistently and there's no better pick than Beaulieu at 9 as he also is a great need to their organization.

Thats not really true since 2007 the Bruins have taken 2 players from the Q- Jordan Caron and Max Sauve.. they are much more likely to draft a player from the OHL thats where they spend most of their scouting

Zeroknowledge*

Thats not really true since 2007 the Bruins have taken 2 players from the Q- Jordan Caron and Max Sauve.. they are much more likely to draft a player from the OHL thats where they spend most of their scouting

They've had success with Bergeron and Marchand too.

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I am not sure if the wings pick murrphy over morrow if they are both avaliable. I figure if jensen or saad are still there when the wings pick i would not be surprised if they picked one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad