Last minute predictions

doug88

May 13, 2011
Geneva, Switzerland
We clinch the 8th playoff spot on the last game against the Wild
Weber and Josi are the best defensive pair in the league though Karlsson wins the Norris
Smith is traded before the trade deadline
Wilson leads the team in both goals and assists and tallies 70 points, he makes the Olympic team
Rinne has a stellar season in the net leading the league in save%
Jones becomes our #3 defenseman and earns time on our 2nd pp unit
Moser starts the season in Milwaukee before making his NHL debut in november, he sticks with the team and finishes the season with 10 goals and 25 assists on our 3rd line with 2nd pp duties
Wilson and Jones bring silver from Sotchi as Josi and Moser bring gold :sarcasm:
We fall shy of a western final qualification to the Hawks who go on to win a Stanley Cup back-to-back

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Some pretty bold predictions there, Atkinson makes a lot of sense. I see good things coming from him this year and in the future. So why Anaheim? I am just curious, not saying you are wrong.

Predsha picking Faulk is another great pick. The guy could be better than Josi.

As far as the homer picks, I was more playing around. Calder shoould be jones/barkov/nich/mckinnon. Norris will be the usual suspects-Weber/Doughty/Chara/pietrangelo/Suter. Vezina same deal-Rinne/Lundy/Price. Vezina is where the left field candidates come from. But since the Preds are my team, I pick them. Jack Adams-I want Trotz to get an NHL award so the HF GMs respect him a little bit.

As far as the team rankings-I love Anaheim. Big, fast, strong forwards. They are not going to miss Ryan's production. Silfverberg will replace that. He played in Ottawa so no one paid attention to him. Etem, Palmeri, Devante-Smith, and Cogliano will all be good and contribute on top of Perry and Getzlaf. On D-Sbisa, Fowler, Beauchimen. Allen, fistric make a very good defence corps, with Lindholm in the wings. In net, they should be fantastic with hiller and fasth. their best goalie though isn;t on the roster yet in john gibson. That kid is gonna be special. They are lucky they can afford to let him fill out.

So all that plus they will be galvanized by sending mikko koivu and teemu selanne out with a Stanley Cup. They are gonna be a beast.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
As far as the homer picks, I was more playing around. Calder shoould be jones/barkov/nich/mckinnon. Norris will be the usual suspects-Weber/Doughty/Chara/pietrangelo/Suter. Vezina same deal-Rinne/Lundy/Price. Vezina is where the left field candidates come from. But since the Preds are my team, I pick them. Jack Adams-I want Trotz to get an NHL award so the HF GMs respect him a little bit.

As far as the team rankings-I love Anaheim. Big, fast, strong forwards. They are not going to miss Ryan's production. Silfverberg will replace that. He played in Ottawa so no one paid attention to him. Etem, Palmeri, Devante-Smith, and Cogliano will all be good and contribute on top of Perry and Getzlaf. On D-Sbisa, Fowler, Beauchimen. Allen, fistric make a very good defence corps, with Lindholm in the wings. In net, they should be fantastic with hiller and fasth. their best goalie though isn;t on the roster yet in john gibson. That kid is gonna be special. They are lucky they can afford to let him fill out.

So all that plus they will be galvanized by sending mikko koivu and teemu selanne out with a Stanley Cup. They are gonna be a beast.

Good points, but I am not as high on their D as you are. I think Anaheim is 1-2 years away from competing. Much like us but for different reasons obviously. Not as sold on Fasth and Hiller either. Do hope Hiller bounces back though from his concussions. Terrible situation.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
Good points, but I am not as high on their D as you are. I think Anaheim is 1-2 years away from competing. Much like us but for different reasons obviously. Not as sold on Fasth and Hiller either. Do hope Hiller bounces back though from his concussions. Terrible situation.

Hiller had Vertigo. He is fine now. He split with Fasth and went 15-6 with a sub 2.4 GAA. He will split again, but that will only make them fresher and better. they chose to tie up all their money up front and rely on young skilled puckmovers. They have some of the crafty vets around too, that can play the bottom pair and shepard fowler and lindholm through. I would have put them on top, but I believe in the cup champ is number one until someone knocks them off.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Going to keep it simple.

We finish 10th in the old Western Conference and 5th in the Central behind CHI, STL, MIN, DAL. The Pacific #4 has enough points so we miss the playoffs. No individual awards to any Pred. Anaheim wins the Cup.

Goals = Smith (shocking!)
Points = Wilson
Most Surprising = Ellis (he seems to have picked up his game) or Nystrom
Kevin Klein Goat Award for Everything that is Wrong = Gaustad

Not so sure about this one anymore; Ducks losing 6-0 to the Avs right now. On a related note, we play the Avs Friday and they look solid as hell. MacK with 2 assists, Downie and McGinn playing really well...there offense just looks potent. Varly is a wall as well tonight.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Often a healthy scratch, limited minutes. Between him, Nystrom and Clune, I think he'll play the smallest role.

I have nothing to base that on, just so little talk on him after camp I guess.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Not much for making predictions but:
1. The preds will be better than the national know-it-all media gives us predictive credit for. Mid-20s is the consensus, it seems, and we may miss the playoffs but if so, it'll be as a bubble team.
2. The fanbase, which seems to have a consensus feel of "too many 4th liners" after the signings this summer, will be pleased when Poile moves one of Goose or (more likely) Spals for more than we think he's worth AND we will be pleasantly surprised on Nystrom's contributions, particularly the toughness he's gonna' add on nights against east coast goon teams when he skates up a line so Fish isn't having to brawl and providing some protection for FF etal.
3. Smith is gonna' step up and be solid. Mid-teens in goals, stronger on the puck.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Worst case scenario: Our lack of scoring dooms us from the start (i. e. last season) and we can't recover. Injuries stack up, and the team collapses onto Pekka's weakening shoulders. We're out of the race early, and we're headed for another top prospect in the draft.

Best case scenario: We see a team like 2011-12, that somehow finds ways to get offense from a group that seemingly lacks it. Wilson finally breaks out, Rinne is in Vezina form, and our overall balance leads us to the playoffs. Also, Seth Jones wins the Calder.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Worst case scenario: Our lack of scoring dooms us from the start (i. e. last season) and we can't recover. Injuries stack up, and the team collapses onto Pekka's weakening shoulders. We're out of the race early, and we're headed for another top prospect in the draft.

Best case scenario: We see a team like 2011-12, that somehow finds ways to get offense from a group that seemingly lacks it. Wilson finally breaks out, Rinne is in Vezina form, and our overall balance leads us to the playoffs. Also, Seth Jones wins the Calder.

I'd say we leaned a little closer to the worst-case side....

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Western Conference Standings vs Actual standings
Chicago (made playoffs)
Los Angeles (made playoffs)
St. Louis
San Jose
Vancouver (ouch)
Phoenix (ouch)
Edmonton (mega ouch)
Colorado (made playoffs)
Nashville (one spot off)
Minnesota (ouch)
Dallas (ouch)
Anaheim (mega ouch)
Winnipeg (almost right
Calgary

Eastern Conference Standings vs Actual Standings (bold are correct)
Boston
Pittsburgh

Rangers (can't figure out these guys. All the talent in the world, not drive)
Montreal
Toronto (I loled)
Detroit (injuries killed the wings)
Ottawa (bipolar much)
Washington (time to dismantle the team and start anew)
Columbus (surprising and fun to watch)
Islanders (Enjoy your new home)
New Jersey (Bye Bye Brouder)
Philadelphia (They had a really bad start to the year)
Carolina (Could we see the departure of the Brothers Staal?
Tampa Bay (Ben Bishop saved this team from failure. Hedman progressed rapidly this year)
Florida
Buffalo
(pretty much sums up everything you already knew about both organizations.

Hart: John Tavares (finished with only 66 pts, didn't even lead team)
Art Ross: Steven Stamkos (if he had stayed healthy!)
Norris: Shea Weber (should happen, but won't)
Vesina: Jonathan Quick (won't happen)
Calder: Valeri Nichushkin (Wow, close by not close enough. Mac Truck is AWESOME)
Jack Adams: Dave Tippett (not this year)
Stanley Cup Champ: Los Angeles over Boston (still possible, but I am taking the bruins)

Biggest Surprise of the season: Colorado Wish I had bid on this in vegas.
Breakout player of the year: Loui Eriksson (Sorry Reilly Smith, never should've doubted you).
Most disappointing team of the year: Columbus (Didn't expect Toronto to completely bottom out)
Biggest name moved at trade deadline: Ryan Miller, Minnesota (half right)

Preds leading scorer: Wilson, 54pts (lol he didn't even break 40)
Preds leading goal scorer: Hornqvist, 25 (finished with 22, behind Weber and Smith)
Preds most surprising player: Cullen (I think I would have to go with Ryan Ellis)
Preds most disappointing player: Nystrom (For me it has to be Borque)
Preds make the playoffs: No
Biggest surprise of the Preds season: Barry Trotz fired at the end
First player traded: Spaling
Least improved Pred: Smith (so wrong on that).

I'd say I did half decent

Last edited:

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I cant predict all of the standings and trophy winners so I'll just stick to the Preds

I think we get the three spot in the division and have a hard fought playoff series with the Blues that we win, before losing in 6 games to Chicago in round two
(the current playoff format is really going to hinder us getting beyond round 2 unless Chicago gets a lot worse in the near future)

Weber does finally win the Norris, Rinne is nominated for the Vezina and loses again, Trotz is again nominated for the Adams but doesnt win, Poile nominated for GM of the year but again doesnt win, Forsberg, not Jones, is our Calder nominee but he loses to Mackinnon who has insane stats in Colorado because they lose every game 7-6

Forsberg is our biggest surprise, Ellis is our biggest disappointment, Smith plays well enough to secure his spot in the lineup, Stalberg doesnt disappoint but isnt as good as many hope(ie about 20 goals). Wilson continues to progress, and as he did the last time he played for a contract, Legwand has a big year(25 goals).

Horns style of play finally starts to catch up to him and he misses a lot of this season but Beck fills in nicely.

Spaling is traded because Smith improves and Beck plays well in Horns absence.

We trade for a veteran D-man at the deadline.

LA beats Chicago in the WCFs and beats Boston for the Cup.

Rinne and the Finns are surprise silver medalists in the Olympics, losing to another surprise, Sweden(and FF makes the team based on a strong NHL season). USA beats a bitterly disappointed Russia for the bronze. Canada fails to medal due to goaltending.

so I pretty much got everything wrong.... other than at least calling Sweden and Finland as medalists, just one spot too high for each...

could still be redeemed if Weber wins the Norris, I suppose

(I should have stuck with negative mojo...)

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Preds will be better than doom and gloom members throw out.

Finish 2nd in division behind Chicago all while splitting season games with them.

I agree with some that Weber finally wins the Norris.

Leading goal scorer: Smith
Surprise: Ellis
Disappoints: Horny

Stanley Cup: Senators over Sharks

I batted around .500 ha

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Hart: John Tavares (finished with only 66 pts, didn't even lead team)
Well to be fair, Tavares did get hurt at the Olympics and miss the rest of the season. Even only playing 59 games he finished 2nd on his team in scoring (1st had 69 in 71 gms). I'm pretty sure he wasn't going to score 40 points to pass Crosby and lead his team to the playoffs, but if he stayed healthy he definately would have led his team in scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->