Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
We just walked out of a Jack Russell's Great White concert.
Was playing -- butchering, actually -- Led Zeppelin, and said that's all they were going to do... play LZ songs the whole show, for the sake of recording some "Great Zeppelin" tribute album.
I didn't pay to see a second-rate Led Zeppelin cover band!

0/10

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
We just walked out of a Jack Russell's Great White concert.
Was playing -- butchering, actually -- Led Zeppelin, and said that's all they were going to do... play LZ songs the whole show, for the sake of recording some "Great Zeppelin" tribute album.
I didn't pay to see a second-rate Led Zeppelin cover band!

0/10

Yikes.

I hate to say it, but it could have been worse.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Here's something to ruminate on...

I just got home from a Poppy concert (yeah, I expect everyone here will have to Google her...)
It was a freaking awesome show!
Solid 7.7/10 on the fun scale.
And I'd go see her again!
yeah, I said that!!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
In the past couple weeks:

All That Remains: 10/10 - longtime friends and their late guitar player was my teacher for a short period way back in the day. Been seeing them forever and always a fan, though any fan of the band knows they've had a run of softer albums in recent years. But their latest is absolutely awesome, and the current tours are heavy as hell with some surprising old gems. It'll never be the same w/o Oli Herbert, but the replacement is a star in his own right and should hold the position well. Oli's on-stage persona was something else, especially if you knew him and how completely opposite he was. Part of what I loved it!

I've seen them on almost every single tour in the past ~20 years since they were just doing local gigs, and even if a couple songs are weak in the past decade or so they have always been better live. This was definitely one of the best sets I can remember in a great number of years. If they had a couple of my heavier favorites included, it may have been the best set of theirs I'd ever seen!

Children of Bodom 8/10: another band I've seen way more than any sane person. They were tight as always and the setlist was pretty solid except a lack of OLD stuff. But their tour from last was all old stuff (half of that being REALLY old stuff they never play), so I can't complain too much. Too many of the new ones just don't do it for me, but I had a good time as always. If I suspected I wouldn't, I wouldn't keep going.

Metallica: 10/10 they can't do wrong, come on now. I was 5 feet from the stage and got to hear a couple songs they didn't play on the 1st part of this tour 2 years ago, plus one of my favorites, "Blackened" which was a treat as they rotate that one in & out on a nightly basis. Jim Breuer was the opener as a host/emcee and he was cool. Seems most didn't like him but I thought it was more entertaining than most opening bands I have no interest in. To be fair, on the last tour I did like both openers (Avenged Sevenfold, though I am not a fan I didn't mind em; and Volbeat (I couldn't name many songs but I usually enjoy them, and their set was great).

Only complaint here was that the crowd on the floor was LAME, just standing and no rough-housing, which made for a very sore back. Oddly, I get more sore standing in one spot than fighting and throwing people all night. I'm just used to small clubs and showing kids who the OGs are. I also got a pick from Kirk at the end, and you can't hate that.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Neil Young - 35 years ago.

I went with a girl I had a crush on and I talked her ear off throughout the whole show. Poor girl. I was such a loser.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Children of Bodom last Friday. Solid show 9/10

Heading out in a few minutes to go see John 5. Should be a pretty cool in a small venue

Reactions: Ozz

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Children of Bodom last Friday. Solid show 9/10

Heading out in a few minutes to go see John 5. Should be a pretty cool in a small venue

Saw John 5 a short time back.
Was a good show.
You should have a good time.

EDIT: (looking at the time of your post...)
You should have had a good time.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Van Morrison - Last month in Vegas

Van is known to be one of those guys who plays what he feels like from one show to the next, and though he played a fair bit of "non-hits" it was still an awesome show, this was a bucket-lister for me. I would definitely see him again if he managed to come closer to Pittsburgh

10/10

Reactions: kook10

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
One Ok Rock last night in Vancouver = 10/10

Singer had lots of energy and known to sound better live compared what they sound like on their album and once again that statement is true. They made their North American debut last year and their style became pop rock. Their new album this year was more of a mainstream pop rock sound and I wasn't sure how I felt. It sounded less poppy live which made it great.

Also good to hear Children of Bodom was great. Seeing them next week. Haven't seen them in years.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Metric 10/10--the whole family loves Metric, and the band had a great night. The same could not be said for the headache inducing July Talk who warmed up (3/10)

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Metric 10/10--the whole family loves Metric, and the band had a great night. The same could not be said for the headache inducing July Talk who warmed up (3/10)

Aw man they must’ve been having an off night. I seen July Talk four times and also know them personally and they’ve always put on a killer show when I went.

I did think pairing them up with Metric was a questionable call though, they thrive more in intimate venues.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
Rick Springfield 9.0/10. Springfield has been doing about 100 shows a year for about the past 20 years straight. He's released seven albums (all among my top 50) since 1998. He's 69 and has appeared on the Goldbergs, General Hospital, Supernatural, True Detective, Californication, and (motion picture) Rikki And The Flash with Meryl Streep over the last while.

But his first love is song writing and playing live. The man puts on a show like no other (the best non-Springfield shows I've seen were probably Springsteen, REM, Midnight Oil, Neil Diamond, Fleetwood Mac, INXS, Queen + Adam Lambert, Robert Plant, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, The Cult, Def Leppard--but Springfield was better) First of all, he looks like he's in his mid 40's or so. The show clocked in at two hours and he took no breaks. The only non-performing break was climbing into the audience 25 rows deep during Human Touch. He actually was running around the stage like a 20-something punk rocker out of the 80's.

The show featured about half hits from his "prime" of his career and then half "newer" stuff. It was super high energy and just an all out great show. His backing band is superb even though sometimes co-writer and bassist Matt Bissonette left for a spot on Elton John's tour.

My Best-Carey

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
A couple weeks ago, saw Hatebreed on their 25th anniversary tour. Gotta give it a 9-10/10 as they never disappoint. All the hits minus maybe one, a lot of old tracks, and they came out to the Ultimate Warrior theme which was fun.

Hatebreed is from my old local scene and came up when I was a teen. It was a few albums in before I really got into them, but they were always around and one of the firstmost heavy bands in my life. Crazy how long it's been (i.e., I'm getting old).

Anyway, Obituary opened up and I'd never really listened to them despite being old school as hell. They were good from the few songs I caught. Hatebreed was great as always. I wasn't even into the night for other reasons and had I not already had tickets I probably would have skipped it (seen 'em plenty of times, no worry if I miss em). A couple songs in, they'd turned me around and I was set for the night. Glad I went!

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
Avantasia Moonglow tour, 2 May @ Fryhuset-Arenan, Stockholm.

8/10 (no such thing as 10/10 IMO).

A really awesome concert that lasted for almost 3.5 hours with the following lineup:

Tobias Sammet - Lead vocals (Edgeguy/Avantasia)
Bob Catley - Lead vocals (Magnum)
Eric Martin - Lead vocals (Mr Big)
Geoff Tate - Lead vocals (Queensrÿche)
Jorn Lande - Lead vocals (Vagabond and others)
Ronnie Atkins - Lead vocals (Pretty Maids)
Herbie Langhans - Backing vocals / Lead vocals (SEVENTH AVENUE)
Adrienne Cowan - Backing vocals / Lead vocals (Seven Spires)
Sascha Paeth - Guitars (Aina/Avantasia)
Olli Hartmann - Guitars (Aina/Avantasia)
Miro Rodenberg - Keyboards (Avantasia, Aina, Brainstorm)
André Neygenfind - Bass (Kamelot)
Felix Bohnke - Drums (Edgeguy/Avantasia)

This isn't your ordinary band or concert. This is Avantasia a super group project filled
to the brim with skilled musicians and singers. The band entered the stage to the tones
of Ode to Joy/Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 and from there it was a never ending flow
of great performances by the singers and musicians. Allot of songs can be fitted into
3.5 hours and not all of them was good and there were maybe 2-3-4 that I didn't like.
I do wish that Herbie Langhans would have had a bigger singing role since he did a
great job on Draconian Love on the Ghostlights album. Adrienne Cowan is new acquittance
for me and she did a good job. They will do some concerts in US and Canada in a few weeks
and I highly recommend attending.

Reactions: Jabroni

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Avantasia Moonglow tour, 2 May @ Fryhuset-Arenan, Stockholm.

8/10 (no such thing as 10/10 IMO).

A really awesome concert that lasted for almost 3.5 hours with the following lineup:

Tobias Sammet - Lead vocals (Edgeguy/Avantasia)
Bob Catley - Lead vocals (Magnum)
Eric Martin - Lead vocals (Mr Big)
Geoff Tate - Lead vocals (Queensrÿche)
Jorn Lande - Lead vocals (Vagabond and others)
Ronnie Atkins - Lead vocals (Pretty Maids)
Herbie Langhans - Backing vocals / Lead vocals (SEVENTH AVENUE)
Adrienne Cowan - Backing vocals / Lead vocals (Seven Spires)
Sascha Paeth - Guitars (Aina/Avantasia)
Olli Hartmann - Guitars (Aina/Avantasia)
Miro Rodenberg - Keyboards (Avantasia, Aina, Brainstorm)
André Neygenfind - Bass (Kamelot)
Felix Bohnke - Drums (Edgeguy/Avantasia)

This isn't your ordinary band or concert. This is Avantasia a super group project filled
to the brim with skilled musicians and singers. The band entered the stage to the tones
of Ode to Joy/Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 and from there it was a never ending flow
of great performances by the singers and musicians. Allot of songs can be fitted into
3.5 hours and not all of them was good and there were maybe 2-3-4 that I didn't like.
I do wish that Herbie Langhans would have had a bigger singing role since he did a
great job on Draconian Love on the Ghostlights album. Adrienne Cowan is new acquittance
for me and she did a good job. They will do some concerts in US and Canada in a few weeks
and I highly recommend attending.
If they were touring closer to where I live, I would absolutely go. The fact that you got to see Tobias Sammet and Geoff Tate in the same show is amazing.

Reactions: Desdichado30

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->