Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Machine Head
10/10. Hard to detract anything from a show like this.

They always sound larger than life and epic, and this was a 3-hour show which include lots of deep cuts. They also performed their cover of Hallowed Be Thy Name by Maiden, jammed a while with One by Metallica and Would? by AIC.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Brian Fallon
8.5/10

Awful crowd. There were a few drunken idiots that were yelling at Brian between every song (or during some songs). At first it was ok and funny - stuff like "We f***ing love you Brian!". But it became worse and worse over time (probably in correlation to the amount of alcohol they drank). It ended up becoming people just yelling requests for Gaslight songs to Brian or just yelling Free Bird. Brian played it off really well and was able to make jokes for the first 5 or 6 times, but you could tell midway through he was getting pissed. The whole ordeal was basically "dance monkey dance!!" but over and over, I was cringing.

At one point, Brian said something along the lines of "what gives you the right to yell and ruin it for everyone else?" which the tool responded with "because I paid for it." Brian then got his wallet out and approached the guy to give him his money back so he would leave. Near the end of the show, Brian called back behind stage saying "When do we go to the next city? Great!"

Brian was trying to connect with the audience between songs and tell stories about how he came up with the ideas, and a few of these douchebags kept yelling at him. The last 4 songs he played continuously with no break in between as you could tell he wanted to get the hell out of there. I really wish the security kicked these people out so the rest of us could have enjoyed the show more. People were telling them to shut the f*** up but somehow it persisted.

The show itself was fantastic. Loved the piano renditions of songs like Handwritten and Painkillers. His cover of Don't Think Twice, It's Alright was on point. And Blue Jeans and White T-Shirts was the perfect closer.

It was the most embarrassing show I've been to for how bad our crowd was. My theory is that the heckler's only point of reference was the Gaslight Anthem and that they got too drunk and expected a rock show. Even then, their behaviour wouldn't have been excusable.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Couple local bands Friday night.

Spirettes -- 6.5/10 Fun, but I think they need to do more shows. Stage presence needs work.
Wildermiss -- 9/10 Yup, they brought it. I'd never seen them before but I'm a big fan of theirs now!

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The Black Dahlia Murder - 10/10

Have seen these guys countless times, they're always perfect. At 18 songs, it was one of the longest sets I've seen from them. The venue was tiny too, which made for a rager.

I'm seeing them on Saturday again, with my buddies Battlecross as the openers. Those guys always put on a 10/10 performance as well, both are in my list of favorite bands, and I cannot wait!

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hilary Hawn, violin, sonatas and partitas from Bach's Sonatas and Partitas for Solo Violin, Koerner Hall, Toronto 10/10

These works contain some of the most profound music that Bach wrote. They require not only virtuosity but passion and insight. Hahn was perfect.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Went to a show last night that I expected to be ok -> good.
Was very surprised!

Dire Peril -- 7/10
Seven Kingdoms -- 9.5/10

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The Black Dahlia Murder - 10/10

Have seen these guys countless times, they're always perfect. At 18 songs, it was one of the longest sets I've seen from them. The venue was tiny too, which made for a rager.

I'm seeing them on Saturday again, with my buddies Battlecross as the openers. Those guys always put on a 10/10 performance as well, both are in my list of favorite bands, and I cannot wait!

The Black Dahlia Murder (again) - 9/10
Setlist was shorter than the other day by half a dozen songs or so, that's the only knock. But they were headlining a 2 day festival and that's to be expected.

Battlecross - 10/10
These guys are another fave of mine who never miss a beat. Energy through the roof and tremendous musicianship.

They were some other bands in between but I didn't pay much attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad