Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Heavy Montreal festival. 10/10 as always. Such a great time at the HM festival every year. Heading to Toronto Thursday for Dimmu Borgir :yo:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Vieux Farka Toure, Harbourfront, Toronto 10/10

Son of the late, great Ali Farka Toure of Mali and an absolute electric guitar playing genius. Currently there is not another guitar player in the world whom I would rather see, and he didn't disappoint.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Grand Funk Railroad a few weeks ago. The rocked the beginning and end, but were completely off the rails in the middle. 2 of the original 3 members, but it's just not the same without Mark Farner. Still fun though. 6/10.

saw Molly Hatchet on Fremont Street in Vegas last weekend. Great crowd and great show. Better than the other times I've seen MH. Even though it's not the original lineup, these guys are doing a decent job in carrying on the spirit. 8/10.

next up is Blue Oyster Cult

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Seu Jorge--10/10

Brazilian singer/songwriter with a rich baritone voice whose music also embraces rock, jazz, funk, and electronica, all depending on what the song calls for in any given moment. Started out mellow, but soon had the house on its feet dancing to the music.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Moist (with David Usher), Canadian National Exhibition, Toronto 8/10

Over the years Moist has morpthed into a hard rock outfit. Usher is still the centrepiece and he is still in fine form, but I miss his more melodic and more varied solo touch when I see Moist in concert. Still, the band had a very good night.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Ozzy Osbourne - 9/10

Zakk Wylde. <3

Last week: Ozzy (and Zakk): 10/10.

Ozzy could come out and *actually* mumble all the words, and I'd still love it. It doesn't matter. It's Ozzy. Glad to see him getting props though since everyone these days loves to put him down because he's no longer in his prime. For me he'll be 10/10 forever, though sometimes it's just a harder 10 than others. And Zakk can do no wrong in my book, I rarely if ever miss any of his touring projects either. Always a blast.

I'll be seeing the same show next Sunday & Wednesday and my review will be the same.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Disappointing show from Mushroomhead last night.
In great part because the stage was way too small, and the guys couldn't even move.

6.5/10

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Johnny Lang/Buddy Guy. Should have been great. Every song was a 9 minute guitar solo ego trip. It was terrible.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
God Smack 10/10 I had first row and backstage passes for this one. I met the band and took pics with them. I didn't realize how short Sully was. They sounded great

Shinedown 5/5 second time seeing them and I just don't enjoy them live. They have an empty hollow sound live.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Ozzy Osbourne - 9/10

Zakk Wylde. <3

Ozzy could come out and *actually* mumble all the words, and I'd still love it. It doesn't matter. It's Ozzy. Glad to see him getting props though since everyone these days loves to put him down because he's no longer in his prime. For me he'll be 10/10 forever, though sometimes it's just a harder 10 than others. And Zakk can do no wrong in my book, I rarely if ever miss any of his touring projects either. Always a blast.

I'll be seeing the same show next Sunday & Wednesday and my review will be the same.

I never saw Ozzy live and I really wanted to see them play at PNC last night. Monday nights are tough for me. It's too bad because this might have been the last chance I ever get to see him.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I never saw Ozzy live and I really wanted to see them play at PNC last night. Monday nights are tough for me. It's too bad because this might have been the last chance I ever get to see him.

I've missed out on a couple acts I've wanted to see and now have no chance. Never fun. But while he's retiring from "world tours", he says he will continue to tour or do single-event shows. Being in NY I'd imagine he'll be close to you again.

I almost went to the Long Island show last weekend but I ran into issues w/my travel and had to skip it. I think I'll reach Ozzy(/Sabbath) show #30 by the end of next week though :D

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown

Ozzy show #2 last night: 10/10! I do think this one edged last week's by a tiny bit, perhaps because we were closer. To the unwise ear it was exactly the same, however.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Orgy - 6/10 They are what they are...
Motograter - 8/10 They were quite fun, and they rocked hard. Good show. Would see again.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Ozzy show #2 last night: 10/10! I do think this one edged last week's by a tiny bit, perhaps because we were closer. To the unwise ear it was exactly the same, however.

Aaaaand Ozzy show #3 a couple days ago: 10/10!

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Pat Metheny, Sony Centre, Toronto 10/10

Metheny with some fresh new faces playing and often refashioning older songs. Super-human drummer Antonio Sanchez almost stole the show.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->