Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hey, I noticed on my shirt that they had gone to Canada earlier so I'm glad you got to enjoy it. They went through Canada and went south to Columbia, MD yesterday which is where I saw them, then they will go back up to Philly today and some other towns

Anyway Foster the People were pretty okay, I liked their cover of Blitzkreig Bop but didn't know any of their other songs. Paramore as usual was awesome. Saw them in 2017 and saw them again in 2018. 9/10

Took a point off because it rained during the concert. Random deluge in the middle of one of their songs :laugh:

It rained on our show too! :laugh:

So fun tho.

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
Paul Simon in Detroit two weeks ago. Had terrible seats in a packed amphitheater but still 10/10

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Def Leppard & Journey at MSG. Journey sounded great. The singer they found that sounds like Steve Perry is amazing. It's like he reached into perry's body and took out his soul. Def Leppard great as always. Those songs never get old. As good as Journey was I don't need 90 minutes of them and each guy getting 5-minute solos. I would rather see Def Leppard get the extra 25 minutes. On a side note if anyone is going to MSG for a concert just be aware that the bridges interfere with the sound. I was in row 22 in section 223 which was about 5 rows or so from rows from the top of that section. We moved down 6 rows and got out from under the bridge and it was a totally different concert.

Jason Bonham Led Zepplin band, White Snake & Foreigner, At PNC Arts Center, NJ. So about 11 years ago I saw Def Leppard, Styx and Foreigner at Jones Beach and have NO memory of seeing them what's so ever. I remember Styx and Def Leppard. In any event I was going to leave after White Snake whom I really went to see which was my first time. I'm sad to say it's pretty much over for Coverdale. I give the man credit for going out there at 60 something years old and giving it all he's got but it's over Jhonny. The foundation of his voice is still there but that's it. Overall I did enjoy seeing them. Once you get past that this isn't Whitesnake of 1990 with Steve Vai it's all good. Bonham was great. There were people with tears in their eyes when they played certain songs. In regards to Foreigner, or as I like to call them the ONE guy left in Foreigner they were really good. I enjoyed the show so much I went and bought their most recent live album on Amazon.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Radiohead, Scotiabank Arena (formerly The Air Canada Centre), Toronto, Ontario 10/10

A generous 25 song set expertly performed and presented. A great, great concert.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Taylor Swift last night in Toronto.

Now let me start this off by saying that it is a lot more of my wife’s picking to see Swift. We saw her six years ago and she put on an amazing show then.

The show was nothing short of amazing. So even though I don’t listen to her albums I did know most of the songs. She has quite a catalog of songs by now. The intensity, the fan interaction, the stage were all incredible. She has two side stages set up that she performed on that give fans with tickets far away from the stage a better view for a set each.

If I had to pick one negative it would be that the band were set behind the stage and out of view. The stage would video screen would raise on certain songs I just like to be able to watch the band play.

The best part was when she started to play Summer of ‘69 by Bryan Adams then to have Adams come on stage to play with her.

Easily a 10/10 concert and I would suggest anyone to go and see her.

Charli XCX opened for her and only had a seven song set list. Because of the short list (two songs being covers) she was able to perform. 6/10

Camila Cabello was the second opening act. 16 song set list and I only knew three songs. One of which was a cover. She does lots of dancing and I found her pretty boring. If she didn’t have Havana her score would have been a 4 but because she ended with that and it was really good I will give her a 5/10.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Taylor Swift last night in Toronto.

Now let me start this off by saying that it is a lot more of my wife’s picking to see Swift. We saw her six years ago and she put on an amazing show then.

The show was nothing short of amazing. So even though I don’t listen to her albums I did know most of the songs. She has quite a catalog of songs by now. The intensity, the fan interaction, the stage were all incredible. She has two side stages set up that she performed on that give fans with tickets far away from the stage a better view for a set each.

If I had to pick one negative it would be that the band were set behind the stage and out of view. The stage would video screen would raise on certain songs I just like to be able to watch the band play.

The best part was when she started to play Summer of ‘69 by Bryan Adams then to have Adams come on stage to play with her.

Easily a 10/10 concert and I would suggest anyone to go and see her.

Charli XCX opened for her and only had a seven song set list. Because of the short list (two songs being covers) she was able to perform. 6/10

Camila Cabello was the second opening act. 16 song set list and I only knew three songs. One of which was a cover. She does lots of dancing and I found her pretty boring. If she didn’t have Havana her score would have been a 4 but because she ended with that and it was really good I will give her a 5/10.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Osheaga '18 (in order of when I saw them):

Manchester Orchestra - 8/10
St. Vincent - 7/10
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - 8/10
ODESZA - 12/10
Alvvays - 9/10
The Beaches - 8/10
Blondie - 8/10
A-Trak - 7/10
Lord Huron - 8/10
Carpenter Brut - 9/10
Tyler the Creator - 8/10
Arctic Monkeys - 9/10
BORNS - 10/10
Dua Lipa - 8/10
James Bay - 8/10
Franz Ferdinand - 7/10
The National - 10/10
Florence + the Machine - 9/10

As you can see by my ratings, I had pretty much a great time the whole weekend.

ODESZA was incredible and the best show I've ever seen and I've been to a bajillion shows in my life. It totally redefined the live concert experience for me.

Last edited:

Sleemans

Sleep Well Beast
Oct 4, 2003
Kingston,Ontario
Visit site
Fort York Garrison Common - Toronto August 4th:

Dan Edmonds - 7/10
Julien Baker - 10/10
Jenny Lewis - 8/10
Father John Misty - 10/10
The National - 10/10

Great day, but man was it hot.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Fort York Garrison Common - Toronto August 4th:

Dan Edmonds - 7/10
Julien Baker - 10/10
Jenny Lewis - 8/10
Father John Misty - 10/10
The National - 10/10

Great day, but man was it hot.

Saw The National the next day and was blown away. Poor Julien Baker played the day before at Osheaga and had a horrible time with her production team.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I have been getting a lot if crap for this one but I don't give a eff.

Yanni: 25 years of live at the Acropolis.
The Orchestra sounded great. Yanni tells his stories in the most calming voice ever. My chick lamented that Yanni reminds her of Bob Ross and he is playing his happy little songs. This was also my Son's first concert too. He is 6 1/2 and that he sat through the first 40 minutes of over 3 hours of Yanni despite his ADD and enjoyed it really says a lot of how soothing Yanni's music can be. Overall, I was a bit disappointed. He is only playing with a 10 piece orchestra and yes, they sounded great it lacked the power that comes through on the live CD version. 6/10

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
My third time. 27 song set, including all of 59 Sound it was amazing.

I see you're a Menzingers fan - got my ticket for their show here in November, they coming your way?

That does sound awesome. I saw them right after The 59' Sound was released, so that's the closest thing I'll have to it. But I do think they have gotten better live over the course of their career. I'll be seeing Brian Fallon's solo act in a few months though.

As for the Menzingers - I missed them last Fall because the show was on my birthday and I already had plans. They're coming to Seattle though, might make the trip down to see them.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
That does sound awesome. I saw them right after The 59' Sound was released, so that's the closest thing I'll have to it. But I do think they have gotten better live over the course of their career. I'll be seeing Brian Fallon's solo act in a few months though.

As for the Menzingers - I missed them last Fall because the show was on my birthday and I already had plans. They're coming to Seattle though, might make the trip down to see them.

I saw Fallon's solo act for the second time earlier this year and he has another one next month. Brian Fallon three times in one year, truly blessed. :laugh:

I also missed them last time they were here with The Descendants and beat myself up over it as I've never seen them before. Really excited to see them, hope you make that trip down.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I saw Fallon's solo act for the second time earlier this year and he has another one next month. Brian Fallon three times in one year, truly blessed. :laugh:

I also missed them last time they were here with The Descendants and beat myself up over it as I've never seen them before. Really excited to see them, hope you make that trip down.

I haven't had a chance to see Brian Fallon live yet, looking forward to that one. I did get to see Gaslight three times in a weekend though; once at our welcome back BBQ at UBC, once at an acoustic show at HMV with him and Alex, and once at the Commodore right after American Slang had been released. That was a great weekend.

That Menzingers and Descendants show would have been amazing.
I'm a bit curious as to why the Menzingers are touring again so quickly after their last tour. Last tour, they were promoting After the Party which makes sense. They've only released the single Toy Soldier since then, wonder if they have any plans for a new album?

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I haven't had a chance to see Brian Fallon live yet, looking forward to that one. I did get to see Gaslight three times in a weekend though; once at our welcome back BBQ at UBC, once at an acoustic show at HMV with him and Alex, and once at the Commodore right after American Slang had been released. That was a great weekend.

That Menzingers and Descendants show would have been amazing.
I'm a bit curious as to why the Menzingers are touring again so quickly after their last tour. Last tour, they were promoting After the Party which makes sense. They've only released the single Toy Soldier since then, wonder if they have any plans for a new album?

Wooooow that sounds like a perfect weekend tbh.

I was wondering that too but hey I’ll take it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad