Last Concert You Saw and Rate It

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Nothing beats and amazing live show.

I've been to several concerts over the last few months, so I'll give a rank of those...

Pearl Jam 4.5/5 -> Just wish the crowd was more into it, magical show though

Foo Fighters 4.5/5 -> Best live show, tons of energy, fans get into it, only thing is that it gets to a point where sometimes it's so loud it's just a wave of noise hitting you and you miss out on the actual instruments being played. Cage the Elephant were a great opener as well, had never seen them live prior to this.

Watch the Throne - Kanye/Jay-Z 3.5/5 -> these guys put on a fun show (more Jay-z, he owns the stage)

The National 4/5 -> these guys sound amazing live and have entertaining banter with the crowd

Deer Tick 3/5 -> Good fun for the crowd when they get ****faced, not a big fan of the new album although it does sound better live when you can accept the fact that yes, they are completely drunk when they play and sound like it

Saw Soundgarden in the summer as well, they had a good show, but Queens of the Stone Age opened for them, holy **** they are great live, I need to see them on their own, 'cause I thought they killed it.

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Steel Panther 7/10

I cant remember who opened for them it was like 35 north or something like that. Anyway it was an ok show but It felt they cut the show kind of short. I think they were on for an hour and a half but they were funny and did about 6 or so songs.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ill post the last one...

judas priest (with thin lizzy and black label society)

i miss the "opening acts". i like them but i rather be drinking and smoking than dealing with the idiot security inside.
judas priest was on his last visit to north america and played pretty much everything i wanted to hear. Halford was class and overall one of the best performances ive seen live.

9/10

Last edited:

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
The National - 8/10. Would have been better had it not been at the Bell Centre, I am sure.

I was surprised to hear they played there in Montreal. I saw them in a small theatre, probably fits about 3000 people MAX.

Guessing this didn't happen?:

Cool way to end the show without any mics or amps.

JustGivingEr

How far we done fell
Aug 17, 2009
Hamsterdam
Last concert I saw was blink-182. I'll give it a 9/10. The concert itself was okay (Mark's voice sounded weird) but it was the first time I'd seen them so the nostalgia factor bumps the rating.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Steel Panther 7/10

I cant remember who opened for them it was like 35 north or something like that. Anyway it was an ok show but It felt they cut the show kind of short. I think they were on for an hour and a half but they were funny and did about 6 or so songs.

Steel Panther! Nice!

Prince - 9.5/10.

A -.5 for the silly hangup with photos/video Prince has. Crowd was ridiculously into it and Prince and his band were tearing it up.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
The Casualties when they came to Ottawa last August.

10/10

It was in a small enough club that it almost felt they were playing directly for you. Best show I've ever been to and I'm hoping to catch them again
in Montreal in February.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I was surprised to hear they played there in Montreal. I saw them in a small theatre, probably fits about 3000 people MAX.

Guessing this didn't happen?:

Cool way to end the show without any mics or amps.

Yes it did happen even if it was at the arena. Only half of the ice and lower bowl was open and north of 4000 people were there. It would've been way better in a smaller venue but I was happy to see them for a full concert.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Yes it did happen even if it was at the arena. Only half of the ice and lower bowl was open and north of 4000 people were there. It would've been way better in a smaller venue but I was happy to see them for a full concert.

Was it really only 4K? I would have thought it'd be more like 6-8, but I have no idea how the Bell Centre works in that regard.

Anyway,

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
Yeah we had tickets one time we went down to LV and they cancelled. :(

That sucks it really is a good show.

The bassist is pretty funny, when he's not playing he has hairspray and a mirror and doing his hair. Then they started to play enter sandman and about a minute or so in the bassist yelled stop and was like I'm not playing this song anymore. Those guys are ugly.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
The Casualties when they came to Ottawa last August.

10/10

It was in a small enough club that it almost felt they were playing directly for you. Best show I've ever been to and I'm hoping to catch them again
in Montreal in February.

the casualties dont play concerts, they play live shows in bars or small venues.

BigBadBread

Shi Shi Shawww
Dec 4, 2006
KISS last summer. Simply amazing, in the heaviest rain I have ever been outside in they put on the best show I have ever seen.

I'll never forget Paul Stanley between songs saying, "I don't usually swear, but WE DON'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE RAIN!"

15/10

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Who has seen Black Keys already? Any reviews?

Got tickets today for the upcoming tour - pricey, but price to pay since I haven't made time to go before they got big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad