Confirmed with Link: Lashoff is back!

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Please tell me the deal is voided if more than 5 games are with the big club. He's fine in GR, but guys like Lashoff and Hicketts and such are ones I hope we're past seeing in Detroit.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Please tell me the deal is voided if more than 5 games are with the big club. He's fine in GR, but guys like Lashoff and Hicketts and such are ones I hope we're past seeing in Detroit.

This seems like his reward for being a pawn in the Savard trade and a good soldier for the Griffins.

The last time he played a significant number of games for the Wings was 2014. If he's in the lineup at all this season it must mean the blueline is decimated with injuries.

Reactions: Gniwder and Bench

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
This seems like his reward for being a pawn in the Savard trade and a good soldier for the Griffins.

The last time he played a significant number of games for the Wings was 2014. If he's in the lineup at all this season it must mean the blueline is decimated with injuries.

He probably retires a griffin and takes a job in their front office or behind the bench. Lashoff has been loyal to that franchise.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015

I don't know that he really needed to be rewarded for anything.... The Wings basically received Tampa paying what was left of Lashoff's salary as well as his $50k guarantee difference that hadn't been tapped into at all yet with any recalls to the NHL to offset some of what they were paying to retain on Savard.

Part of the deal was that he would stay assigned to Grand Rapids, but he ended up missing the rest of the season with an injury.

To me it seems like they're just bringing back the guy that was captain of their farm team, that technically never even left... And on a deal where they can still recall him if they need a warm body to skate 6 minutes on the 3rd pair or sit in the pressbox.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
He probably retires a griffin and takes a job in their front office or behind the bench. Lashoff has been loyal to that franchise.
Yeah, he's been good for the team and is comfortable with his role. Would also be good for filling the taxi squad if they do it again.

Edit: Capfriendly updated the contract

2 Way Contract $325k AHL, $750k NHL

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, he's been good for the team and is comfortable with his role. Would also be good for filling the taxi squad if they do it again. Signed a one way contract for $750k though.... talk about a bonus for him, but it almost looks like a going away gift or incentive to join the front office.

So much for Chris being cheap, at least he treats loyal employees with some respect.

Eh. We'll see. If Lashoff is our 7th defenseman this year then good for him and that's a nice send off into retirement.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Bet he ends up in the coaching ranks whether in Detroit or GR in the coming years. They obviously like his influence on the younger kids, otherwise why keep bringing him back?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
As long as we never see him in Red Wings uniform again.
I beg to differ. As if it matters, the team sucks. When he's ready to retire and if the team still sucks, I'd like to see him one last time as a going away party. Granted he spent most of his time in GR, he's actually the longest tenured player in the Wings system right now. Let him have one last game. Just one though.

Reactions: SoupNazi

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I beg to differ. As if it matters, the team sucks. When he's ready to retire and if the team still sucks, I'd like to see him one last time as a going away party. Granted he spent most of his time in GR, he's actually the longest tenured player in the Wings system right now. Let him have one last game. Just one though.
I apologize in advance, because this will probably sound like shooting the messenger, even though I really don't mean to direct this at you specifically.

BUT WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?!? Why have half the posters on this board turned this place into a Hallmark movie going away party for all the scrubs that have played inconsequential and mostly lousy hockey over the last several years?

Lashoff? Svech? Helm? What's next - a sonnet dedicated to how underappreciated DeKeyser and Nielsen have been?

C'mon everybody. It's a decidedly GOOD thing that these AHL caliber bandaids are showing up less often. It kinda means that real talent is starting to arrive.

I wasn't this sentimental over McCarty and Draper hanging up the skates, and those role players did orders of magnitude more for the franchise than the goofballs that are getting one bon voyage after another around here.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Why does anyone think he'll play on the Wings? It's a two-way deal and he's the Griffins' captain.

Not to mention he's like 9th on the depth chart at best (Leddy, Dekeyser, Staal, Osterle / Hronek, Seider, Stecher, Lindstrom).

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I was thinking to myself the other day that Lashoff would somehow end up back on the team. Sure enough...
The thread title should say "Lashoff signs with the Griffins."

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I apologize in advance, because this will probably sound like shooting the messenger, even though I really don't mean to direct this at you specifically.

BUT WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?!? Why have half the posters on this board turned this place into a Hallmark movie going away party for all the scrubs that have played inconsequential and mostly lousy hockey over the last several years?

Lashoff? Svech? Helm? What's next - a sonnet dedicated to how underappreciated DeKeyser and Nielsen have been?

C'mon everybody. It's a decidedly GOOD thing that these AHL caliber bandaids are showing up less often. It kinda means that real talent is starting to arrive.

I wasn't this sentimental over McCarty and Draper hanging up the skates, and those role players did orders of magnitude more for the franchise than the goofballs that are getting one bon voyage after another around here.
Even shitty players have fans.

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Going with a veteran heavy (5) Defense down in Grand Rapids. (Murphy, Renouf, Lashoff, Newpower and Witkowski)

I guess that only leaves room for McIsaac and Barton in terms of prospects.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

You have a point… but Helm was legitimately a key piece in the early 2010s. If the rest of the team was managed better and Holland didn’t pay him $4m per for 5 years because he liked jetskiing with his family… we would be thinking of Helm just like Draper and Maltby.
Helm actually was a warrior for the Wings who only deserved any hate because Holland offered him 100% more in dollars and term than his play at that point deserved.

Lashoff? He’s one of those unsung AHL lifers. Doesn’t deserve a send off because he never really got a hello (justifiably).

Svech? Only if you felt bad that he kept getting hurt. I couldn’t give a shit else wherever he goes after this. It does suck that his career ended before it started.

But for DDK and Nielsen? Don’t threaten me with a good time. They definitely deserve Iambic pentameter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad