Recalled/Assigned: Lashoff and Colaiacovo swap spots

yave1964

22 and counting
Mar 22, 2013
Lexington ohio
Just hope Holland doesn't feel getting Bertuzzi, Quincey, Colaiacovo and Samuelsson back doesn't qualify as the trade deadline acquisition this team desperately needs. All bring something to the table, in different levels but none are the home run player we need to put us over the top.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just hope Holland doesn't feel getting Bertuzzi, Quincey, Colaiacovo and Samuelsson back doesn't qualify as the trade deadline acquisition this team desperately needs. All bring something to the table, in different levels but none are the home run player we need to put us over the top.

Nothing out there really does what you're talking about in terms of trade deadline acquisitions. Unless we completely gut the farm and add two or three players which would be beyond reckless.

This tells me DD is going to play relatively soon.

It also suggests that they told DD they'd keep him on the NHL roster if at all possible/reasonable to do so.

They have already commented on this. Lashoff will be back after the 3rd when rosters expand. DD was to stay with the team until the end of the season regardless.

Babcock decides who plays when and where and how often on the active roster, Holland said as much.

CamTheMan

Apr 7, 2008
Whats the best guess at a timing when DD might get some game action, if any, in the near future?

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
My 6 would be Lil Nik, Big Rig, Kindl, Smitty, Deh Keyser, and Quincey when the team is healthy. Deal White, CC as a 7th guy. Lashoff down in the AHL.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Loved watching Cola dive on top of the guy who was on top of Smith to take both our d-men out of a play where the lowly Avs scored. He's a gamer. :sarcasm:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Loved watching Cola dive on top of the guy who was on top of Smith to take both our d-men out of a play where the lowly Avs scored. He's a gamer. :sarcasm:

I hated seeing that because I knew it'd be the only thing he'd be remembered for. The guy moves the puck up to the forwards better than the majority of our D, though, actually putting passes in places where forwards can take them and do something with them.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I hated seeing that because I knew it'd be the only thing he'd be remembered for. The guy moves the puck up to the forwards better than the majority of our D, though, actually putting passes in places where forwards can take them and do something with them.

I know it is only three games, I also watched his two in GR, but Cola is fine when he is healthy. Like you said he also is pretty responsible by and large with the puck and where he puts it. His problem has always been health and getting powered around on the outside. But he isn't junk when he is actually playing.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone

Brain farts like that don't fade from the public mind quickly, no. He can't afford to do things like that when his playing time can be taken away so easily.

CamTheMan

Apr 7, 2008
Thanks for the replies fellas. Excited to see this guy get a chance. Been following him since last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad