Las Vegas Hockey: FAQ, Draft Rules, Alignment & Schedule Matrix

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
What would be the rationale for keeping them secret? I hope it's not because the league somehow feels that the players need to be kept in the dark about their status. I don't think the players are that fragile that they couldn't handle word that they've been made available to Vegas. I think they can figure that stuff out for themselves. And why would they be concerned if their availability was made public?

It's common respect (heck, might even be demanded in the small fine print of the expansion draft details) that players (and their respective agents) must be informed if they are protected or not.

Players learn so enough that NHL hockey is a business, so the fact that they are exposed in the expansion draft shouldn't be an issue.

Teams cannot protect everyone, so the 4+ guys exposed should understand.

Especially for pending RFAs and UFAs who are not protected -- they are not exposed, per se, but Vegas has the option of negotiating deal -- the organization should be clear on why they are in that situation (IOW, protecting other guys, but would like to sign new deal immediately after expansion draft). Now Daly has commented that using this caveat and having negotiated deal ready to go may be cause for penalties to organizations; unclear what rationale and proof is needed that teams do so.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I get what you're saying, I just don't see why we'd want it. It's not going to be a major disappointment in anyone's life, I just see five years of "players the Knights missed in the expansion draft" stories and threads if the lists were public.

Yes but it happens and it will happen regardless of what the league does to try and stop it.

It is what it is. Or it will be what it will be.

Get used to it Vegas - you wanted to be in the big leagues. ;)

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Any idea on when the Knights' schedule will be released? I can't wait to fly into Vegas a couple times a year to see NHL hockey! I'm super excited for this.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
LeBrun reporting yesterday that league working on defining start and finish of window that VGK can talk to RFAs.

Michael Farkas

Grace Personified
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.HockeyProspect.com
Weird question...is T-Mobile Arena up and functioning? And if so, is that where the front office has its offices and meetings and what not now?

I wasn't sure how that worked, as I wasn't sure what the process was for construction and what not...any insight?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
T-MA is open and has been for a while, but there isn't a ton of office space there that I can see. The Golden Knights are currently operating out of the Fidelity National Building in Summerlin (which Fidelity purchased from the Donald W. Reynolds Foundation about a year ago) until the practice facility/offices in Downtown Summerlin are complete later this summer. Once that's done, they'll move there.

Here's drone video of the practice facility from a little over a month ago:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->