Las Vegas 1st Captain

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Alex Killorn when they draft him from TB.

He will be signed for 6 more years at the time of the expansion draft, at 27 hes the right age to lead the expansion team for the next few years until a home grown hero emerges.

Yeah. I like that choice as well if he's one of the players selected.

Decent skill set, not too young, not too old, and even has Stanley Cup playoff experience to boot.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
All of you ITT wanting a Shark for your captain......have fun with Joel Ward

No but seriously, he'd be a good captain. A Dustin Brown of sorts, except that he can play hockey.

I'd love for Ward to be on the Knights, worked his butt off in Nashville, and was one of the reasons I was rooting for SJ last year.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I think there exists the possibility that Ottawa leave Dion Phaneuf unprotected in which case he's yer captain. ;)
I would disavow any association with the franchise if that were to become the case. Let's chalk this up to a pie-in-the-sky denial-is-a-river-in-egypt Toronto or Calgary fan. ... Please.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Doan? He probably wants to go to a contender, but being close to home has always been a priority in the past.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Without a doubt in my mind, if you fellas pick Marc Methot, he will be your captain. If we didn't have EK65, he would be our captain.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I think you're discounting the possibility of a trade or UFA signing. Get a good veteran guy near the end of his career, who might not play on the top lines but whose experience will work wonders for a new room. I bet there will be more than one solid captain candidate out there who will be intrigued about the opportunity to be the room leader for a new team, to lead from the front as it were, rather than try to shoehorn his way into an already-established roster.

So Shane Doan is basically who you just discribed? Bright side is stripping the C after he retires wont hurt the locker room chemistry.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
So Shane Doan is basically who you just discribed? Bright side is stripping the C after he retires wont hurt the locker room chemistry.

The only problem is I think Doan will want to make a run at the cup. Vegas does tick the location box, I can't imagine Doan will want to be too far away from Arizona, but all the California teams would also fit and are closer to contending. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if he came to Vegas, I just don't see him passing up on joining a team that's built for winning now.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Marc Methot

Without a doubt in my mind, if you fellas pick Marc Methot, he will be your captain. If we didn't have EK65, he would be our captain.

Totally agree, but I still think Ottawa sends us something to save Methot. I've seen LeBrun's tweets saying there was no deal, but I still think it happens.

My choices:

Dan Hamhuis (C)
Tomas Plekanec (A)
Trevor Lewis (A)

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Offer it to one of the two long-time Shark captains, Thornton or Marleau, in UFA negotiations.

Both those guys are way too long in the tooth to captain this team. I wouldn't touch either of them as FA options unless they're willing to come in on affordable and short term deals which I doubt either will be interested in.

Brown's a better option for captain since he's been a part of teams that don't choke when the chips are down. But he's not a fit for what McPhee says he wants and his contract is not good as he's collecting $5.8M through 2021-2022 season. And the Kings do not have the draft or prospect collateral to get that done.

I'd take Neal and put the C on him, as he's done a fine job in Nashville wearing the A. If he is willing to entertain a non-longterm deal, I would also try to sign him. Barring that, then you have the option to flip him to a contender before the trade deadline. But again I'd try to sign him, I think he'd do a fine job as our captain.

Splatter

Sep 13, 2010
St. Louis
Totally agree, but I still think Ottawa sends us something to save Methot. I've seen LeBrun's tweets saying there was no deal, but I still think it happens.

My choices:

Dan Hamhuis (C)
Tomas Plekanec (A)
Trevor Lewis (A)

Are there turtlenecks that come in slate gray? Plekanec would be a good captain too.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Would say Marc-Andre Fleury but teams almost never make goalies captain.

I'd say my two choices are Neal or Garrison. But think that McPhee will trade both to a contender(s).

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Would say Marc-Andre Fleury but teams almost never make goalies captain.

I'd say my two choices are Neal or Garrison. But think that McPhee will trade both to a contender(s).

Can you make a goalie the captain anymore?

I thought they changed the rules since they can't really hang out around the ref crease.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad