Confirmed with Link: Larsson signs two year extension (1.475mil per year)

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
You were in such a hurry to be the first to post this, you didn't even close your parenthesis. It leaves me with a sense of wanting more info.

(Good term and dollar amount, by the way).

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
We still have one more contract out of him before UFA, right? That makes 6 years under contract I believe. Amazed they got this done.

Zemgus has little to no leverage now.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Zemgus knew that already. He didn't even go to arbitration...his ask can't be anything

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Awesome. I had the 5 RFAs (Lehner,Larsson,Beaulieu,Girgensons,ERod) earmarked for $11 mil total....hoping we can get them signed for that.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Which makes this deal all the more better. The Sabres pretty much got to dictate term here since max arbitration contract is two years, correct?

Yes. I believe if the player chooses arbitration the team can decide if it's 1 or 2 years. Don't remember how it works if the team is the one choosing arbitration.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This had nothing to do with that. They could have signed him to anywhere between 1 and 8 just like any contract for their players. The choosing of the 1 or 2 years is about what the arbiter awards if it gets to a hearing. Which this didn't.

If it had the number the arbiter came up with would have given Buffalo the option to make it a 1 year, 2 year, or if it was high enough walk away for nothing,

This was just a standard contract signing since he never got to the hearing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->