Confirmed with Link: Larsson Signed 1yr 900K (One-way)

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Not to pass judgement or anything but, shouldn't we wait until Santini's played at least 1 NHL game before getting so excited?:dunno:

Saw SS a lot this year and he's absolutely the real deal. Screenshot it/bookmark it/write it down. Plays a mans game and is going to have a very easy transition to the NHL. Once he fills out a bit more you're going to have a 6'2" 215lb Dman that hits anything that moves and can skate with anyone. Reminds me a lot of a young McDonagh. I could see the offensive side of his game taking a while to develop just like McDonagh's did...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Saw SS a lot this year and he's absolutely the real deal. Screenshot it/bookmark it/write it down. Plays a mans game and is going to have a very easy transition to the NHL. Once he fills out a bit more you're going to have a 6'2" 215lb Dman that hits anything that moves and can skate with anyone. Reminds me a lot of a young McDonagh. I could see the offensive side of his game taking a while to develop just like McDonagh's did...

Mcdonagh wasn't as hyped as much as Santini it seems.

Bob Gainey was a straight up fool for including him in that trade.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Why wasn't he signing there?

I never heard he was going to pull a Schultz. Gainey was the Habs GM at the time of the trade, but there's some things out there that say Gauthier was the one behind it because Gainey's daughter had died and Gauthier was doing a lot of the work. Gauthier apparently didn't like McDonagh at all...

It's one of those trades that will never cease to amaze me so I've done a lot of digging at why it went down :laugh:

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
I never heard he was going to pull a Schultz. Gainey was the Habs GM at the time of the trade, but there's some things out there that say Gauthier was the one behind it because Gainey's daughter had died and Gauthier was doing a lot of the work. Gauthier apparently didn't like McDonagh at all...

It's one of those trades that will never cease to amaze me so I've done a lot of digging at why it went down :laugh:

And recently Sather admitted he had never seen Mcdonagh play when he made the deal:laugh:

Semak

Nice. Now he can earn next year's cash.

I miss the Vish comics strip.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
And recently Sather admitted he had never seen Mcdonagh play when he made the deal:laugh:

That trade was just so many different levels of what the ****? :laugh: Fascinating stuff to read about. Gainey's daughter died in an accident at sea after going overboard on a ship. Gauthier was basically running things after that and didn't like McDonagh from when he saw him at the world juniors that year. I'm pretty sure all the Habs scouts wanted to hang themselves when they heard the trade went down.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Damn, 1-year seems a little risky. Better hope he stays healthy. Also I really hope there's some way to construct the pairings without making Larsson the new Fayne. Speaking of, re-sign Fayne and dump Harrold. Merrill can play in Albany til Salvador is injured or Gelinas loses his spot. Anyways...congrats to Larsson! Maybe!

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Damn, 1-year seems a little risky. Better hope he stays healthy. Also I really hope there's some way to construct the pairings without making Larsson the new Fayne. Speaking of, re-sign Fayne and dump Harrold. Merrill can play in Albany til Salvador is injured or Gelinas loses his spot. Anyways...congrats to Larsson! Maybe!

There is absolutely zero risk in this deal. He's an RFA regardless at its conclusion. The only possible downside is if he is absolutely incredible this year and merits a monstrous contract extension.. I think we'd all be okay with that.

Re-signing Fayne and dumping Harrold is absolutely pointless. What will we run pairing wise? He would be replacing our 7th defensemen meaning Salvador, Larsson or Gelinas would have to be scratched. Hint: it won't be Salvador. If you want to re-sign Fayne, Sal has to go.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

It is a little risky for Lars. If he is given the keys but still under performs or gets hurt he loses a ton of leverage in getting paid next year.

It is his time to step up. Hopefully some competition will help too. Imagine Merrill should be pushing for big minutes himself, and both kids are going to have to take some PK time.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Hey, I once thought David Hale was gonna be great - and Matt DeMarchi would be another Daneyko. Since then I tend to be more "wait-and-see" with prospects. :laugh:

I never did, Hale seemed to vanilla to me if that makes sense, but I did like DeMarchi a lot, thought he would be a pairing with Martin like he was with the Golden Gophers.

But back to Santini, the kid is the real deal like someone else said and I personally think out of all our defensive prospects he will be the best one to come out of them.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
count me as someone who thought this made larsson a UFA next July.

since that's not correct, I'm a fan of the deal. put up or shut up.

Game Breaker

May 10, 2007
West Hollywood, CA
There is absolutely zero risk in this deal. He's an RFA regardless at its conclusion. The only possible downside is if he is absolutely incredible this year and merits a monstrous contract extension.. I think we'd all be okay with that.

Re-signing Fayne and dumping Harrold is absolutely pointless. What will we run pairing wise? He would be replacing our 7th defensemen meaning Salvador, Larsson or Gelinas would have to be scratched. Hint: it won't be Salvador. If you want to re-sign Fayne, Sal has to go.

I was just going to say this. Now is the opportunity for him to shine and do his thing (hopefully he stays healthy). Worst case is that we have throw a ton of money at him next year because he did so well. I'm praying this is the case next year and we extend him for a long time at a good cap hit.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Larsson's 22 and in his fourth season, I don't know why so many people thought he was UFA.

Kevo18

Jan 11, 2011
It's too bad that as soon as Larssons d partner makes a bad move Pete will return to the trusted pairings of

Harrold-Zid
Harrold-Salvador
Harrold-Greene
Larsson

Harrold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad