Larsson/Rundblad/Erixon

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
I think Larsson will turn out to be the best overall defenseman of the 3, but in my homer opinion, I believe Rundblad could have an even bigger impact then any of them during a game, due to the style that he plays.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Honestly, I could see any of them turning into game breaking defencemen. Each could turn into a #1 capable of controlling a game.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
A lot of people here are saying Rundblad can put up 60 points but will be a #2 Dman, where as Larsson will be a #1 Dman with around 45 points.

Not to sat Larsson isnt going to be a #1 Dman, and 45 points is bad (it isnt), but since when is a 60 point Dman not a #1 Dman?

Rundblad isn't a 2009 Mike Green defensively... so if he puts up those big numbers, he's a #1 Dman... IMO anyways

Anyways:
Rundblad has by far the highest offensive upside. He's not overly physical but he's not soft either. He's a "game changer" with his creativity and puck skills on the PP. He's not as well rounded as Larsson, but depending on how highly you value offensive output, he could be the best of the three. He can do it all except play the shut down roll, which Larsson can do.

Larsson is very well rounded. Kind of like a Shea Weber if I had to compare. Better defensively than Rundblad.

Tim is definitely "3rd best" but he's still likely to be a stud

I'd take Rundblad of the 3 because I like the game changing aspect he possesses, and it wouldnt be hard to pair him with a defensive minded Dman like Jared Cowen to even things out. thats just preference though.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
A lot of people here are saying Rundblad can put up 60 points but will be a #2 Dman, where as Larsson will be a #1 Dman with around 45 points.

Not to sat Larsson isnt going to be a #1 Dman, and 45 points is bad (it isnt), but since when is a 60 point Dman not a #1 Dman?

Rundblad isn't a 2009 Mike Green defensively... so if he puts up those big numbers, he's a #1 Dman... IMO anyways

Anyways:
Rundblad has by far the highest offensive upside. He's not overly physical but he's not soft either. He's a "game changer" with his creativity and puck skills on the PP. He's not as well rounded as Larsson, but depending on how highly you value offensive output, he could be the best of the three. He can do it all except play the shut down roll, which Larsson can do.

Larsson is very well rounded. Kind of like a Shea Weber if I had to compare. Better defensively than Rundblad.

Tim is definitely "3rd best" but he's still likely to be a stud

I'd take Rundblad of the 3 because I like the game changing aspect he possesses, and it wouldnt be hard to pair him with a defensive minded Dman like Jared Cowen to even things out. thats just preference though.

he's +2 years older than Larsson, there is the biggest difference.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008

Am I understanding this correctly, you're saying that Rundblad is better defensively than Mike Green?

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
doesn't really make that much sense to have both of them playing the point at the same time...seeing how they both have right shots.

Ovie-Green? Edler-Ehrhoff? Markov-Souray? Markov-Streit? You catch my drift..

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Ovie-Green? Edler-Ehrhoff? Markov-Souray? Markov-Streit? You catch my drift..

ya, I get it, both sides could be interchangeable, I just believe in the philosophy that two 1-timers on the point puts teams on the PP at even greater advantage.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
ya, I get it, both sides could be interchangeable, I just believe in the philosophy that two 1-timers on the point puts teams on the PP at even greater advantage.

Rundblad one timer isnt that amazing at this points like Karlsson or Gonchar's so i doubt he will be wiring them in from there. it would be cool to see something like

Karlsson - Cowen
Rundblad - Gonchar

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Rundblad one timer isnt that amazing at this points like Karlsson or Gonchar's so i doubt he will be wiring them in from there. it would be cool to see something like

Karlsson - Cowen
Rundblad - Gonchar

I'm actually hoping we see Alfie back on the point this year...

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
doesn't really make that much sense to have both of them playing the point at the same time...seeing how they both have right shots.

Karlsson plays the right side on the powerplay and it's where he has scored most of his goals with the man advantage.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Karlsson plays the right side on the powerplay and it's where he has scored most of his goals with the man advantage.

While that may be true, it's due to all the rebounds and cross ice passes he receives while sneaking in to the high slot. He's got a massive shot, why not utilize it more like what happened here when he was placed on the left?

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Wow good thread guys, not a lot many misinformed posts...barely any in fact. Nice to see some educated opinions.

I only say Larsson at the WJC, so I am really in no position to judge him, but I see fairly eye-to-eye on most of the predictions for Rundblad and Erixon.

Should be a great year if all players make their clubs!

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

I'd take the creativity those two could find over a one time to one time set up. Those two could be all over the ice and I'm sure macleans licking his chops

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I'd take the creativity those two could find over a one time to one time set up. Those two could be all over the ice and I'm sure macleans licking his chops

Yes, but MacLean said Gonchar will be the "general" on the PP. I think we see a Karlsson-Gonchar, Kuba-Rundblad sorta thang going on.

Lets keep it on track... I agree with the consensus, Larsson Rundblad Erixon in order.
I think Rundblad will have the best rookie year, although Larsson and Erixon both might play more. I expect all 3 to play at least 25 games this year.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

Agreed, the advantage of having both these guys on the ice will be significant considering their mobility and Spezza's vision. Teams are really going to have to be careful about the back door play. I could definetely see Rundblad being the one sneaking down more with Karlsson setting up for the big shot. Rundblad's wrister is nasty, but Karlsson's slapshot is far superior.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
As of right now:
Larsson
Erixon
Rundblad

Rundblad is going to need a lot of time in the AHL to adjust because of his style. He still is not a definite to pairing d man.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Still the same as before, Rundblad needs to adjust to the NHL, but his skill level is clearly high, and he's a much more physical and defensvely aware prospect than people give him credit for. Once he figures it the NHL game, whether in Ottawa or Bingo, he'll be a very good player.

Larsson
Rundblad
Erixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad