Player Discussion Lars Eller

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I don't understand why he receives so much hate among parts of the Caps fan base. What has he done that is so horrible?

From my point of view his contract must make him one of the better guys in the league.

Some fans have unrealistic expectations and find whipping boys to target their with their angst and ignorance. Unfortunately Eller is a popular target for them.

Lars probably could have gotten another .5-1.5mm/year after the playoffs he had in 2018 and he's a very solid all situations player. I'd rank him among the best 3Cs in the league, especially at his cap hit.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Remembering all the failed 2Cs the Caps had before Kuznetsov, I would say he is better than all of them

That's a long, dark hole to go down. Remember when George said Brooks Laich could be our Mike Richards? And remember when Matty Purrutu was our 1C for half the season under Hunter when Backy was hurt? And how much fun was the Flash?

I do wonder how things would have ended up w/ Ribeiro if he/his wife didn't go off the deep end. And Grabovski seemed to do well here for a short stint but that didn't last.

I need a drink.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
At the moment, Lars is on pace for 50 points and 212 minutes of SH TOI. The only players in the last decade to hit both those marks in the same season are Ryan Kesler and Tomas Plekanec, and those guys were getting 15-20 of those points on the PP while Eller's only on pace for 8. Eller's quietly having a fairly unprecedented season right now.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
At the moment, Lars is on pace for 50 points and 212 minutes of SH TOI. The only players in the last decade to hit both those marks in the same season are Ryan Kesler and Tomas Plekanec, and those guys were getting 15-20 of those points on the PP while Eller's only on pace for 8. Eller's quietly having a fairly unprecedented season right now.

On top of that he spends a lot of time on power play killing. Plus he is third on Capitals in takeaways and wins 53.5% of his faceoffs. What more can u ask for on top of the stats you listed from a 3rd line center?

steam whistle

Nov 27, 2013
Ontario
Come in peace, has anyone intended to trade kuzy? Sean Monahan, or mark sheifele?
Of course %%salary

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad