Player Discussion Lars Eller

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
My sarcasm detector is in the shop.
I'm sure that shop receives a lot of business
tenor.gif

Now mine is broke

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Man, your stats are nothing w/o eyetest. I take a look at our 3rd line and realize it sux. Years of eternal misery.
Mike Richards put up a postseason bagel in 12 games with a -6.0 Corsi the year before Eller got here, Laich 1g 1a in 14 games the year before that, missed the postseason the year before that, Ribiero 1g 1 a 7 games the year before that, was it f***ing Aucoin before that?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Mike Richards put up a postseason bagel in 12 games with a -6.0 Corsi the year before Eller got here, Laich 1g 1a in 14 games the year before that, missed the postseason the year before that, Ribiero 1g 1 a 7 games the year before that, was it ****ing Aucoin before that?

We could go on... Belanger, a 2nd line center who's biggest playoff contribution was getting 7 teeth knocked out on the ice. We've tried Grabowski, MarJo, Perreault, so many others - none of them did what Eller has done in the playoffs for us (or RS for that matter). People seem to forget how bad our 2C was before Kuzy and our 3C was before Eller came along.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Points arent his main strong side. He has another gear when the going gets tough. That's your ideal 3rd line center. Happy to see him score more anyway.

He is a third line center so I don’t expect 70-80 points. The fact that he, as a third line player, may approach 50 is fantastic for his cap hit.

The fact that he is more than just points speaks volumes of this player. His performance in the Cup year, attests to that.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I don't understand why he receives so much hate among parts of the Caps fan base. What has he done that is so horrible?

From my point of view his contract must make him one of the better guys in the league.

It is only a very few that hate Eller, for some inexplicable reason.

He is very well regarded here.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't understand why he receives so much hate among parts of the Caps fan base. What has he done that is so horrible?

From my point of view his contract must make him one of the better guys in the league.

unrealistic fan expectations.....he’s a fine 3C.....they want a 2C in a 3C suit and salary slot.

my take, he’s got warts, that’s why he’s a 3C, but he’s a gamer.....he elevates his game and has a solid work ethic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad