Value of: Lars Eller (Two Lars Eller Trades re-visited) (Hybrid)

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
No.

I love Larry and I'm thrilled he contributed so much to a Cup win, but he's ideally a 3C on a good team.

1C on Montreal, sure, but only by default .
Many of us believe he is a 2nd line center who is clutch in the playoffs.

Just because he played behind DesHarnais the golden midget, and Plekanec the veteran in Montreal and now plays 3C behind one of the best 1-2 center punches in the league doesn’t make him a 3c. Look at what he did in the playoffs when Backstrom went down, he became the team’s 2c and was phenomenal, just like he was great in the 2c role on the EGG line in Montreal.

So you are telling me that Kyle Turris is a 2c but Eller is a 3c? Eller > Turris, Eller > many 2c in the league.

Without Eller the Capitals have no cup.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Many of us believe he is a 2nd line center who is clutch in the playoffs.

Just because he played behind DesHarnais the golden midget, and Plekanec the veteran in Montreal and now plays 3C behind one of the best 1-2 center punches in the league doesn’t make him a 3c. Look at what he did in the playoffs when Backstrom went down, he became the team’s 2c and was phenomenal, just like he was great in the 2c role on the EGG line in Montreal.

So you are telling me that Kyle Turris is a 2c but Eller is a 3c? Eller > Turris, Eller > many 2c in the league.

Without Eller the Capitals have no cup.

Um, Turris is a much better player than Eller. Eller is a mid6C. He stepped up when Backstrom went down. That doesn't make him better than Turris, though.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Um, Turris is a much better player than Eller. Eller is a mid6C. He stepped up when Backstrom went down. That doesn't make him better than Turris, though.
Lol. Sure. God you are a homer, if Eller was still a Hab you would be singing a different tune. Turris was hot garbage in the playoffs last season. And let’s give Eller all of Turris’ 2c minutes and power play time in the regular season and see what he could do with it..

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Lol. Sure. God you are a homer, if Eller was still a Hab you would be singing a different tune. Turris was hot garbage in the playoffs last season. And let’s give Eller all of Turris’ 2c minutes and power play time in the regular season and see what he could do with it..

Are you a recent Habs fan or suffer from short term memory? We literally had Eller for a few seasons where he played as a mid6C. He had a great playoffs. He's not a 2C all of a sudden. Turris is still the superior player.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Are you a recent Habs fan or suffer from short term memory? We literally had Eller for a few seasons where he played as a mid6C. He had a great playoffs. He's not a 2C all of a sudden. Turris is still the superior player.
You suffer from delusions. Eller is superior in every way. You are being a homer to make yourself feel better about the trade. I’m sure you agree with many Bergevin trades. Let me guess, Weber is better than Subban and Domi is better than Galchenyuk right? And we are better off with Drouin over Sergachev right?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
You suffer from delusions. Eller is superior in every way. You are being a homer to make yourself feel better about the trade. I’m sure you agree with many Bergevin trades. Let me guess, Weber is better than Subban and Domi is better than Galchenyuk right? And we are better off with Drouin over Sergachev right?

Please tell me how Eller, who regularly puts up half the amount of points Turris does, is the superior player every way. There's a reason why Eller produced mostly next to nothing in Montreal. He is simply not a scoring forward. Having a good lockout year and two great playoff runs doesn't make him a legit 2C.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Please tell me how Eller, who regularly puts up half the amount of points Turris does, is the superior player every way. There's a reason why Eller produced mostly next to nothing in Montreal. He is simply not a scoring forward. Having a good lockout year and two great playoff runs doesn't make him a legit 2C.
I’m not investing time pulling up numbers and what ifs for you. You are a giant homer and I’m done talking to you about this, maybe an Eller fan will do the work for me.
Turris sucked hard in last year’s playoffs. Go ask Nashville fans if they would rather have Subban’s good budy Eller the playoff beast instead. I’m done talking to you about Eller, you are a giant unfair biased homer.

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I’m not investing time pulling up numbers and what ifs for you. You are a giant homer and I’m done talking to you about this, maybe an Eller fan will do the work for me.
Turris sucked hard in last year’s playoffs. Go ask Nashville fans if they would rather have Subban’s good budy Eller the playoff beast instead. I’m done talking to you about Eller, you are a giant unfair biased homer.

I don't think Eller is a 2C so that makes me a giant homer? Cool. Also, Turris generally has a pretty good track record in playoffs even though he sucked last year.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
On what planet is trading a 3c for two seconds a good deal? Planet hfboards where a pick>a player?
Exactly what I was thinking....

Eller, imo, would have been a better player, had he not been f***ed over in Montreal.

He was treated like shit tbh- It is a wonder he didn't bust completely.

Had he gone to another team, im almost certain he would be a high end 2C with alot more regular season pts to add to his already great defensive work, his PO resume and puck possessions stats.

Therrien, stunted his progression hard - And it was obvious MT did not appreciate Eller.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I thought the trade to the caps was great, its too bad MB basically turned around and traded those picks for Shaw. (I know they weren't the same 2 seconds)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
While we're revisiting old trades... Blues traded back from 9th to 13th in 2007 to grab Eller and a 2nd round pick (palushja) and San Jose took Couture with 9th overall... Meh
Huh. Both Eller and Palusaj ended up playing for the habs at one point.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
The habs board LOVES Eller. I never disliked him as a player but always thought he was offensively limited. Basically an elite #3 C, like he is in Washington. Never saw him as the 55 point center under a loving head coach the rest of the Habs board did.

Reactions: Eagle Peninsula

Hostile Offer

Jun 17, 2017
Finland
The habs board LOVES Eller. I never disliked him as a player but always thought he was offensively limited. Basically an elite #3 C, like he is in Washington. Never saw him as the 55 point center under a loving head coach the rest of the Habs board did.

I absolutely agree. Eller was a possession monster and generally a positive contributor for us but he just couldn't provide much when it comes to scoring. I liked him as a Hab but he is frustratingly limited offensively.

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
I loved Eller on the Habs. Miss him in our lineup. His four-goal game was one of the best I've seen, capping it with the spinorama penalty shot.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Probably die in the corner with the puck and kill the play like he used to do all the time.

He was so frustrating to watch offensively. I really don't see how now, out of nowhere, he would start to produce 55-60 points like you mentioned, come on it's Eller. He looks good as a 2C, that's good for Washington. Both team benefited from that trade, don't miss Eller at all.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
On what planet is trading a 3c for two seconds a good deal? Planet hfboards where a pick>a player?

Sometimes second round picks work out! Subban was drafted in the second round. I think Montreal could really use a guy like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->