Celebrity Death: Larry Cohen

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It's been a few weeks since he passed away but anyone here like his movies?

I just recently have seen Q The Winged Serpent, Special Effects, and Original Gangsters all within a the last 6 months. I'll probably get to see The Ambulance, The Stuff, and a few others over the next several months.

Very unique indie filmmaker who was doing all kinds of DIY and guerrilla film making in the 70s and 80s.

There was a documentary about him that came out last year. His fingerprints have been all over Hollywood for decades.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Real soft spot for The Stuff, which was always on cable growing up. Saw Q and It's Alive in the last few years and enjoyed them for what they are.

A modern horror legend. (And more)

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
It's been a few weeks since he passed away but anyone here like his movies?

I just recently have seen Q The Winged Serpent, Special Effects, and Original Gangsters all within a the last 6 months. I'll probably get to see The Ambulance, The Stuff, and a few others over the next several months.

Very unique indie filmmaker who was doing all kinds of DIY and guerrilla film making in the 70s and 80s.

There was a documentary about him that came out last year. His fingerprints have been all over Hollywood for decades.
I finally watched part of Q in the last couple years - it originally was a made for TV movie broadcast on one of the networks (I want to say NBC, though there's an off chance WPIX was the channel advertising it relentlessly until the broadcast event itself) back in the mid-80s, likely as a pilot for a series if it was successful, which I guess it wasn't. Don't know. But I was too young to watch then as my father thought it would be too scary (I grew up on Godzilla and other TOHO movies so why he thought this, I don't know either). Can't speak much to the quality, to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad