Confirmed with Link: Larry Brooks Voted to Hockey Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
While I do occasionally get annoyed at him (and may have called him a shill on twitter a few times), he deserves this. His analysis and sources result in some top-notch coverage. It's his opinion pieces that generally rub people the wrong way, but I think it's telling that even people who hate him tend to respect his reporting. Congrats!

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Boyle was brought in to not only replace some of the (better) personnel that was headed out the door, but was sold on his veteran leadership. He was anything but a leader here, and this was the culmination of 2 years of generally being a curmudgeon in NY.

Agree. I would also add that erupting at Larry on the way out the door does very little. If he felt the way he seem to feel, there's more integrity in confronting him in the middle of the season or in your first season. It was done in a way that he did basically everything here: half-assed.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Congrats Larry! Shows how respected he is in the buisness. He may be a bit rough around the edges sometimes but he does a great job. Nobody even comes CLOSE to the job he does reporting on the team.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Still say that it's Boyle who comes off badly here. One's still here and one is not. Nuff said.
Well yeah, players tend to age out unlike writers for the most part. Not really commenting on who comes off badly or not, but saying a writer outlasted a player isn't really proof that either is better or worse than the other.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad