Larkin shares family tragedy

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Also it makes me wonder, last time he had a "family emergency" he didn't share and the media didnt ever say. What could have been more private than this?

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
How awful. If they wanted this to be public as part of their process then that's their choice but I really hope they didn't do so because they felt they owe an explanation to the public/fans.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Also it makes me wonder, last time he had a "family emergency" he didn't share and the media didnt ever say. What could have been more private than this?
Let’s not speculate.

I hope Larkin feels that he can take all the time his wife needs. Now, it’s up to other leaders on the team to make sure that we keep winning until Dylan is back

wings95

Mar 17, 2009
Georgia
I know how he maybe feeling as me and my wife lost two before having my three kids I have now. Prayers for his peace.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Poor guy, I don't even have the words.

Hopefully he takes enough time off or doesn't take too much time an isolate, never had a loss of a child but hockey was an escape from reality for me with the locker-room, the boys, practice, games, travel, coaches, all of it.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Terrible just horrible. I couldn't describe the feeling of losing your own child. Especially your 1st. I hope everything works out ok. We're with you Dylan!! I hope you can find peace during this time

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I won't pretend to know the specific circumstances or how the story unfolded for Dylan and his wife. But after our first child was born, my wife and I experienced secondary infertility for nearly five years. We were blessed to eventually have a successful pregnancy (with twins!), but along the way the countless doctor visits, multiple miscarriages, and overall experience felt like a rollercoaster of getting your heart ripped out every 30 days, over and over and over.

It's one of the hardest things to deal with, both individually and as a couple, and definitely needs more awareness and priority in health care. But I wish a flood of love and support to them both, and, after they grieve, should they choose to try again, I wish them success.

DangleDangle08

Nov 21, 2011
This is terrible news for him. It's also important to take this opportunity to mention that something like 1/4 pregnancies end in miscarriage/stillbirth.

Huge bummer, hope they recover soon.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad