News Article: Larkin Article - Dobber Hockey

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
19 year old Larkin was better than 24 year old, olson 21 year old Mantha was better than 26 years old Mantha.2 key players who supposed to replace D&Z getting no better. Now we are hoping Seider And Raymond combo. Something else needs to get change

Reactions: WheeledWing

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
not once does he mention how bad a defense larkins been on the ice with his entire career as if the talent of a teams defense doesnt have alot to do with its scoring , and detroits had the worst defense in nhl since larkin arrived . and now this season several new guys that are just getting blended in on defense . larkins spent 1000s of minutes trying to get the puck from opponants in his end then rush it up thru traffic only to get in the zone and have dailey and ericsson back at the blue line who are of zero help . trash article

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Larkin is "good". Streaky, like many. Has a good work ethic and desire to win.

He is not "great" though.

When he gets frustrated, he lapses into bad habits. He starts diving. He takes bad penalties. He gets sullen. As the captain, I think he needs to model how a good player is supposed to respond to adversity better.

But then a switch will flip and he'll look like a top 10 player.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
not once does he mention how bad a defense larkins been on the ice with his entire career as if the talent of a teams defense doesnt have alot to do with its scoring , and detroits had the worst defense in nhl since larkin arrived . and now this season several new guys that are just getting blended in on defense . larkins spent 1000s of minutes trying to get the puck from opponants in his end then rush it up thru traffic only to get in the zone and have dailey and ericsson back at the blue line who are of zero help . trash article
You realize that you are commenting on an article weighing Larkin's fantasy value, right? Not quite a trash article.

Reactions: kliq

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
When he gets frustrated, he lapses into bad habits. He starts diving. He takes bad penalties. He gets sullen. As the captain, I think he needs to model how a good player is supposed to respond to adversity better.

I still think the latter stuff will improve over time.

For me it's the forcing passes and skating into bad areas as if he just expects his teammates to know where to be in order to support him. I wonder if that may not ever improve.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

None of this has anything to do with fantasy hockey which is the foundation of this article.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i know damn well what the articles about . still he didnt mention how important the defense talent is to a players scoring as in ericsson , daily , bowey , biega etc didnt have a thing to do with last season or this years new d having a thing to do with this season when in reality they are a huge reason for larkins lower point totals . and that that is a huge factor in a fantasy draft

Reactions: mantha39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad