Large size skates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandrigor

Jul 18, 2005
Rhode Island
I wear a size 14 shoe. Depending on the shoe D or EE width. I have worn Mission size 13 but they were really too small, I just thought skates were supposed to be that tight. :blush: Does anyone know of a good online source for large skate sizes? I would need a 12.5 to 14 depending on the brand. Most of the places I have looked have few if any in this size range. I am interested in a top or near top of the line skate that is stiff for support.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Mission skates fit "true to shoe" so they'll be the smallest of the 13's. Nike's V series runs bigger than usual, so you may want to try a pair of those. You can always ask your LHS about customs as well.

Gandrigor

Jul 18, 2005
Rhode Island
MassiveHabs said:
I got a pair of size 16 bauers that im tryin to sell...probably to big for ya tho

Just a little. Bauer fits about 1.5 smaller than your shoe size so I would need 12.5.

Thanks anyway

CheeseSandwich*

This is no help but I have a friend with something like size 15 shoes.

He cut the end off some small skates and had his toes stick out.

Needless to say he couldn't skate very well and just used the skates on the out door rink.

CheeseSandwich*

luke34e said:
I'd say having your toe exposed isn't a good idea.

There's a player in my league who does it and he's awesome.

HeavyD

Feb 25, 2004
If you can afford them, get these in size 13's....

http://www.icewarehouse.com/descpage.html?pcode=SKPRO

I have CCM 1052's, which are basically one step down from the pro tacks, because they sacrifice a minute amount of stiffness for comfort. The lower you go in the CCM line 992/692/492 etc, the cheaper/lower quality skate you get.

I wear a size 14 street shoe, and the 13's fit me great. CCM's are wider than other skate brands as well. You should head to your local sports/hockey shop and try on a pair of CCM 13's for size. I beleive the vector's fit a bit diff so try and find the normal line.

I bought my skates from hockeygiant.com for a rediculously good deal, but I notice they don't have them anymore. Keep checking the big online retailers until you find some 992/1052/protacks, for a good deal in 13's. Let me know if it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad