Proposal: Large 1 year contract on Kane...

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
I'm going to give you a polite reply before people start dunking on you and this thread gets locked:

Patrick Kane is out until ~Dec, nearly as long as Jack Quinn. Once he's healthy, he'll sign a (likely one-year) deal with a cup contender with sufficient pro-rated cap space and need for an offense-first winger. Given the lack of defensive acumen among Sabres forwards, that's unlikely to be Buffalo. If he has a good spring/playoffs, he'll leverage that into another contract...also unlikely with Buffalo

Sabres fans have a weird fascination with players from WNY. I am hoping that the Avs finally ended the days of me reading Miles Wood proposals, and I'm also hoping the Sabres' forward pipeline means this might be the last Kane proposal I have to see. He's not a fit.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm going to give you a polite reply before people start dunking on you and this thread gets locked:

Patrick Kane is out until ~Dec, nearly as long as Jack Quinn. Once he's healthy, he'll sign a (likely one-year) deal with a cup contender with sufficient pro-rated cap space and need for an offense-first winger. Given the lack of defensive acumen among Sabres forwards, that's unlikely to be Buffalo. If he has a good spring/playoffs, he'll leverage that into another contract...also unlikely with Buffalo

Sabres fans have a weird fascination with players from WNY. I am hoping that the Avs finally ended the days of me reading Miles Wood proposals, and I'm also hoping the Sabres' forward pipeline means this might be the last Kane proposal I have to see. He's not a fit.

This is it, perfectly. Not much more needs to be said.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
1688567221785.png

Reactions: Tsujimoto

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I wouldn't be surprised if Pegula pushes this and Adams signs Kane.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would be. It very much seems to me like Pegula trusts Adams and hasn't really meddled in the running of the team much at all since KA took over.
I agree, but Kane is a local guy and a big name. This may push Terry into it, and Adams loves to add local players. Although I think we don't even need Kane.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Does he though? Yes, he added Tuch.....but that was a piece literally EVERYONE called in the Eichel deal. Yeah, we drafted a 3rd rounder from Buffalo.....

But Adams doesn't exactly go out of his way to get the local guys.
Well, that's a lot, Costantini seems to have been at Buffalo jr.. It's just that I wouldn't rule out that they might add Kane, I think it's possible.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
It would have to be Pegula and Kane having a conversation I think.

Kane will be looking at the top-4 or so teams in each conference.

Would he shocked if this went down. Maybe if we lost Skinner for the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad