Trade: [LAR/BUF] Sammy Watkins dealt to the Rams

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kinda saw this coming after they chose not to exercise his 5th year option.

Now that they acquired Matthews, makes more sense.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Bills are clearly punting on the season.

I've always liked Sammy but he never seemed like a good fit here. Dude is made of glass and we never had a good enough QB to make use of his talents.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I have Score (the app) on my phone. A couple years ago I added Sammy Watkins as a player I followed because he was on my fantasy team.

I've never been inundated with so much health news about a player ever. It seems like every other day I get a message about whether or not Sammy is practicing, not practicing, resting, feeling better, injured, etc.

Dude was solid in college but he just seems like an injury always 10 mins from happening.

Sounds like the Bills finally got tired of it.

Only the Rams are stupid enough to trade for him.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Everything is happening right now.

The Bills slightly downgraded 2 positions to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd and Watkins can't stay healthy and probably wasn't gonna be in Buffalo next year anyway.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I have Score (the app) on my phone. A couple years ago I added Sammy Watkins as a player I followed because he was on my fantasy team.

I've never been inundated with so much health news about a player ever. It seems like every other day I get a message about whether or not Sammy is practicing, not practicing, resting, feeling better, injured, etc.

Dude was solid in college but he just seems like an injury always 10 mins from happening.

Sounds like the Bills finally got tired of it.

Only the Rams are stupid enough to trade for him.

It's just strange timing. He caught a bunch of balls last night.

Also, this...seems like a problem

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Everything is happening right now.

The Bills slightly downgraded 2 positions to pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd and Watkins can't stay healthy and probably wasn't gonna be in Buffalo next year anyway.

Might as well get something for him. I can understand the trade.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Curious to see what happens to Tavon Austin now. When is his money gauranteed until? That contract was a Jeff Fisher special.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Still trying to wrap my head around these trades but I think this is okay for both teams. Watkins has injury concerns and paying him after this season would be risky. The Bills also appear to be focused on the future with these added picks. I don't think it's bad for the Rams either because Watkins (if healthy) is a big upgrade for them and they need to see what they have in Goff.

TyToff

Feb 20, 2016
Bills clearly throwing in the towel on the season. Sucks to lose two good young players like Darby and Watkins but now they have a bevy of early picks in what is supposed to be a great draft class, particularly for QBs, so I guess this is a better alternative to yet another 7-9/8-8 season and mediocre pick.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Bills probably gathering up ammo to trade up for a QB if they have to in next year's draft.

and if they were indeed going to dump Watkins then they got something for him which is great.

Bills management doing some good things here.

I just don't understand moving Darby is the only question mark I've got.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Horrible moves for Buffalo. Why didnt they trade Watkins months ago? They downgraded at two positions to get a 2nd and 3rd. Lol

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
As a Rams fan, I'm good with this. Watkins has the potential to be a number one wide receiver, and it opens room for the rest of the guys to get open looks as well.

That's not even mentioning how much it helps Todd Gurley and the running game - which Tavon Austin can be a part of.

Lessavyfav

Aug 2, 2010
I'm torn on this trade as a Bills fan.

It's obvious this move was to gain ammunition to move up in next year's draft. There is also a huge risk in Watkins getting hurt and missing time again. Reducing your risk by downgrading in talent may actually be a net positive.

The downside is that Watkins could be a superstar. He is a difference maker who hasn't had a real QB to get him the ball. When he's playing, even injured, the guy is always open.

My prediction is that the Bills will use the assets to trade up for a QB who will bust. Watkins will break out and be an elite WR for the next 5-7 years.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
As a Rams fan, I'm good with this. Watkins has the potential to be a number one wide receiver, and it opens room for the rest of the guys to get open looks as well.

That's not even mentioning how much it helps Todd Gurley and the running game - which Tavon Austin can be a part of.

He is a #1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->