Confirmed with Link: Lapierre suspended for 5 games for hit on Boyle

lobsters

May 3, 2010
the interwebs
When you pull this crap and have to play the Sharks later in the season, you're gonna have a bad time. I want a good, clean check to rock his world next time he suits up against San Jose. Shoulder to shoulder, fully legal, but monstrous.

A6IG6Rd.jpg

Linkster

Beard goggles!
Nov 11, 2010
Coastal Sharkifornia
Rather than a revenge mission, I'd like to see this incident inspire a winning attitude vs St Louis. Resurrect the glory days (09-10 and 10-11) when SJ won the regular season series 3-1.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If Boyle doesn't hit his chin on the dasher and get knocked cold, it's a 2 minute minor. This was a dumb hit, but the suspension is all about the injury.
I really don't understand some of the posts in the main board. Yes, it wasn't malicious, but it was an illegal hit from behind where the player got injured.

How some don't understand that is beyond me.

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
I really don't understand some of the posts in the main board. Yes, it wasn't malicious, but it was an illegal hit from behind where the player got injured.

Everyones biased for some side, but everyone should be able to be objective. Most of people sadly cant do that.

And only 5 games for a player whos still not fully examined? (Means doctors saying - "it should be good" instead of "it WILL be ok"). Fckn riddiculous

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
Seen a lot of blame put on Boyle for putting himself in a vulnerable position. Tripping doesn't excuse a check right in the numbers.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

There are some that keep comparing it to McLeod/Kronwall..Kronwall never stumbled he just reversed into an oncoming forechecker and lowered himself for some reason. Boyle was stumbling and moved the puck behind the net and Lapierre still hit him in the back.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
When you pull this crap and have to play the Sharks later in the season, you're gonna have a bad time. I want a good, clean check to rock his world next time he suits up against San Jose. Shoulder to shoulder, fully legal, but monstrous.

Or somebody jump him. :sarcasm:
This is Sharks we're talking about. Nothing is gonna happen.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
It's alright but only 5 if I were Lapierre that's no problem. If you don't want them to do it anymore you have to make them cringe in fear of doing it. 15 games or the duration the player misses whole season if so they miss the whole season. Only fair an eye for an eye.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->