Rumor: Lapierre snubs Blueshirts (Mod: Going to NLA if not offered contract)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Didn't he only get an invite as a favour? I recall RB posting something along these lines. He was never going to get a contract.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Didn't he only get an invite as a favour? I recall RB posting something along these lines. He was never going to get a contract.

I don't think any real reason has come out, but I wouldn't be surprised if they needed bodies at camp due to WCH, and AV was like:

"Eh Gorto, can I talk with my buddy Lappy, even on a PTO?"

"Sure sure fine AV, whatever."

"You know I'm going to buy into your 'play the youth more' shtick this season. This is a favour you owe me for that."

"Yeah yeah fine. I'm still sending Glass down at the beginning of the season."

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I'd rather he doesn't show up, don't need to risk him running one of the young players to try to a make a name for himself at camp.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
this entire joke of a piece of news is basically due to AV's nepotism regarding awful/lame/"heart and soul effort" 4th line players--see Lapierre and Glass. None of them are good at.......well anything.

Please AV, leave your bias at the door--you're embarrassing yourself.

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
Play hockey in Hartford, CT or Switzerland. Hmm, tough choice.

Switzerland is the most beautiful country on the planet. I'm surprised more players don't go there after retiring from the NHL.

I guess if your idea of perfection is mountains and green fields. Its like VT but with bigger mountains. Its pretty for sure but most beautiful on the planet is a f-ing stretch.

Hawaii, Tahiti and many Polynesian islands laugh at that hyperbole. Hell Italy was prettier than Switzerland IMHO. definitely way more interesting.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I guess if your idea of perfection is mountains and green fields. Its like VT but with bigger mountains. Its pretty for sure but most beautiful on the planet is a f-ing stretch.

Hawaii, Tahiti and many Polynesian islands laugh at that hyperbole. Hell Italy was prettier than Switzerland IMHO. definitely way more interesting.

personal preference...its all subjective.

My wife and I went to Italy a few years ago, it was amazing...and we drove through switzerland as well..also amazing, albeit rainy.

Spain was one of the most beautiful countries ive ever been to.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Thank god. Don't want him near this team considering AVs fetish for players like him and all the far better players he'd likely be playing over

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Thank god. Don't want him near this team considering AVs fetish for players like him and all the far better players he'd likely be playing over

I know everyone's blaming Glass on AV because of Vancouver, but the Rangers always acquired fighters: Domi, Kocur, Langdon, Churla, Brash, Boogie, Dorsett, Carcillo, and that's just a short list. No matter what, the Rangers have a goon who doesn't do much but fight.

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
No huge fan of Laperierre but..........I know the Rangers have a boatload of bottom of the barrel 4th line forwards (vets and rooks), but isn't JOORIS the only HEALTHY one (i.e., no LINDBERGER) that plays C and takes FOs (and not that well)? I would think Laperierre and his FO ability, ******** character, and AV connections, might have a shot......IF not him, there's gotta be a better alternative than Jooris somehwere (yeah, I'm no fan of him either)..Guess we'll have to wait for Oscar.....

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I know everyone's blaming Glass on AV because of Vancouver, but the Rangers always acquired fighters: Domi, Kocur, Langdon, Churla, Brash, Boogie, Dorsett, Carcillo, and that's just a short list. No matter what, the Rangers have a goon who doesn't do much but fight.

Dorsett and Carcillo were decent at the game in general, especially compared to Glass and Lapierre

Last edited:

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
What the hell? That's not a snub. If he doesn't get offered a contract, the Rangers snubbed him.

Right. If you read my initial post, at work i could only read the Eliteprospects transaction. Couldnt see actual article. that seems to indicate Swiss only if not NYR

And 'snubbed' was being a bit ironic, a guy we dont have great need for, and is considered one of those vets offered Camp PTOs while others are at WCH

Actually most threads i start get quashed by Mods, and rolled into existing ones, didnt expect this one to live long and prosper

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Him even being invited to camp is a microcosm of why AV shouldn't be coaching in this league.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Great example of overreacting without evidence or research here in the first few posts. Such an easy trap to fall into for anyone. But just think, a bunch of people were ****ing all over this guy even though he's done nothing wrong simply because a guy on the internet named cwede posted a bad title. Always click the links and vet the sources!

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Him even being invited to camp is a microcosm of why AV shouldn't be coaching in this league.

*rolls eyes *

I don't agree w a lot of what AV does (or who he plays or how) but the hyperbole here is off the charts! The man has two Prsidents Trophies to his name a winning record in this league. We all wish he had a Cup of course (w the NYR) but to say he doesn't belong in this league is a joke. A little credit where it's due plz

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Who the hell cares?

Means absolutely nothing to me. People making a big deal over absolutely nothing.

The guy is irrelevant. Life goes on. Lets go Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->