OT: Langenbrunner retires after 16 seasons

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=700784&navid=nhl:topheads

"It was a dream come true to have the opportunity to play in the NHL for 16 seasons," Langenbrunner said. "The friendships I developed with my teammates, and also the people in the communities where I played, will always be cherished by my family and I. I would like to thank Bob Gainey, Lou Lamoriello and Doug Armstrong for giving me the opportunity to play against the top players in hockey, in the best League in the world. I'd also like to thank my coaches and teammates for helping a kid from Minnesota enjoy a long, fulfilling hockey career. Finally, I'd like to thank my truly amazing family for all their sacrifices they made so I could live my dream."

jmie-langenbrunner.jpg

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He was the last active player from the '99 team, I believe.

Jon Sim's still toiling around in the AHL, but he hasn't played a pro game since 2011.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
He was the last active player from the '99 team, I believe.

Jon Sim's still toiling around in the AHL, but he hasn't played a pro game since 2011.

"toiling." how often we give that word such a negative connotation. how many of us would rather "toil" away at a job as a former nhl player, current ahl player, instead of our 9-5?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Unfortunately his lackluster performance the 2nd time around kind of colored the perception I have of his career although that's completely unfair. Should've never traded him in the first place.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
langenbrunner reminds me of the time mike-rhyner-nemesis-turned-finance-guru rocco pendola compared him to doug gilmour. didn't exactly turn out that way but a good trooper nonetheless.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Unfortunately his lackluster performance the 2nd time around kind of colored the perception I have of his career although that's completely unfair. Should've never traded him in the first place.
Not me. I can separate the two. Just like I can with the later Sydor tenures where he was terrible.

Langenbrunner was a great, versatile winger. He piled up 10 goals during the Cup run. Sucked when he was traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad