Confirmed with Link: Lane Lambert hired on by Washington Capitals as Assistant Coach

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Preds Official Statement this morning on Twitter:
BrI90uCCIAEaGja.png:large

Not long after that Tweet, came these form a few of the writers.

Jim Diamond ‏@diamondhockey 3m
That was fast. Caps issue a statement naming Lane Lambert assistant coach.

JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper 3m
Caps have officially name Lane Lambert assistant coach

And the Caps made it official on their site as well.
Official Press Release

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
No Upshall no Lambert I guess its gonna be up to HOOK to be the locks of the franchise.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The final coaching link to the Trotz era is gone. I wasn't sure what Lambert was going to do with McCarthy being Lavy's guy and Housely being brought in by Poile and wasn't going anywhere. I doubt they hire anyone else.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
Best of luck to him, he is a good coach, looks like Trotz is getting the band back together. A band that did not produce a top 10 hit.

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Pretty sure Trotz/forwards can be covered in one of the 17 existing threads overrun by that topic... as for Lambert, I never particularly liked him, so I'm glad he is gone. I'm glad they kept him initially- decent thing to do- but it was never going to work.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I am glad Lambert is gone. Lavy needs his own assistants. I do hope Housley stays.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Don't feel bad Lame, your Daddy Trotz seems to like you even though pretty much everybody around here thinks you were somewhat useless.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Pretty sure Trotz/forwards can be covered in one of the 17 existing threads overrun by that topic... as for Lambert, I never particularly liked him, so I'm glad he is gone. I'm glad they kept him initially- decent thing to do- but it was never going to work.

Agreed, and cleaned up.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'm paying attention to the Caps this year to see how our coaching former staff does behind that bench. Trotz, Lurch, Korn ... all they need is Horacek.

Mike Green will end up on the third pair. Ovechkin will continue to Ovechkin. Other than that, just flip the top six and the bottom six. You have yourself a Trotz & Co. team. :sarcasm:

Oh and their goalies will play over their heads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad