Confirmed with Link: Landy suspended 4 games

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
I wonder if that Trouba hit and the reaction from Bednar was another straw on the pile that led to Duchene asking out. Not that it matters, but I could see a player reading into that a feeling that the coach does not have his back.

I do think Bednar needs to learn how to respectfully disagree with the refs in the post-game talks. I could give him a bit of a pass last year, being a rookie coach, he may not have felt it was his place to speak up. But he is not a rookie anymore.

And a little fire from the bench would not hurt, but we cannot expect every coach to be trying to knock down his wife with a closet door the divider between benches.

As for Kane, I am not seeing where he got fined for the crosscheck. Not even a DoPS looking into it. Given that it was a day after a max fine, he needs to sit a game and get him in that category of players with"history."

And that history is exactly why Landy deserves every game he got. He has now been suspended 3 times for headshots. Successive suspensions do not go down in duration.

I agree with this Tweaky.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I wonder if that Trouba hit and the reaction from Bednar was another straw on the pile that led to Duchene asking out. Not that it matters, but I could see a player reading into that a feeling that the coach does not have his back.

I do think Bednar needs to learn how to respectfully disagree with the refs in the post-game talks. I could give him a bit of a pass last year, being a rookie coach, he may not have felt it was his place to speak up. But he is not a rookie anymore.

And a little fire from the bench would not hurt, but we cannot expect every coach to be trying to knock down his wife with a closet door the divider between benches.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

As for Kane, I am not seeing where he got fined for the crosscheck. Not even a DoPS looking into it. Given that it was a day after a max fine, he needs to sit a game and get him in that category of players with"history."

And that history is exactly why Landy deserves every game he got. He has now been suspended 3 times for headshots. Successive suspensions do not go down in duration.

You're right actually. It looks like Kane didn't even get a fine for the cross check! Let alone a suspension, which is crazy!

I think I saw the first $5k fine and thought it was for the cross check.

How can people even doubt there's something improper going on here? If Landy gets 4 games because of his "history" then why does Kane get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, not even a fine, for a cross check to the face a day after he was fined for slashing. How does his history not come in to play there? Did he "learn" from the fine?

The cross check was waaay worse than his slash, and it got less of a punishment!

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Unfortunately while I do think over-the-top histrionics can be part of the gig (see: Gundy, Mike and Cowher, Bill) I just want Bednar to coach. They're saying the same thing about Hakstol too. If his career as a professional hockey player is any indication, Bednar is plenty mean and plenty tough. I don't think every coach has to be a loudmouth to the opposition and officials in order to garner loyalty. Jon Cooper seems pretty laconic most of the time. Bob Hartley was plenty fiery but he could also be super-tough on his own players, just ask The Sheriff.

I suppose if Dutchy wanted a more vocal coach, well, he got one. But I doubt that played a factor at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad