Confirmed with Link: Landy suspended 4 games

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The first two were fine (by NHL standards), the third one was dumb because he turned his head away a bit and didn't look where he was hitting the guy. Sigh whatever stealth tank.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Figured this was coming. Benn gets nothing for intentionally kneeing Johnny Hockey the night before. Spin the wheel of justice NHL.

Reactions: Foppberg

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The last one was a bit unnecessary. The first two are fine since Tkachuk is poking at Bernier.

He'll probably get a game since he's been there before.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Oh give me a break. What is going on with this league, and why do they seem to have a stricter standard for Av players?

These are unintentional plays that just happen in the game of hockey. He's giving him cross check shoves to the shoulder while Tkachuk is completely bent over at a 90 degree angle, and his stick slides over his shoulder pad and hits him. He's not even looking at him as he does it.

Tkachuk went down like a ton a bricks when it happened and then got right back up after the penalty was called, and finished the shift looking fine. Even rolled over for some reason on the ice.

It's an obvious penalty, it's not a damn suspension. Why do they treat Landy like he's Milan Lucic or something? They don't even treat Lucic like he's Lucic. He and a handful of other guys probably have a play like this every other night.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Was pointed out in the main thread that Landy was suspended for 3 games for essentially the exact same incident. This could be a 5 gamer. Or more.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
If you want to fight a guy then let both of them just throw off gloves to settle the score. I would not wont the opposing team player to do this to Girard, Mack or any other Avs player, especially if they are in a such a vulnerbable position. Even if the player is bent down and Landy uses both of his hands with a stick to hit the opposing player in a shoulder. What if Landy misses and hits him a few inches away to the neck or head area?

Reactions: Oxymoron
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
That was just a dumb play for Landy. Won't be surprised if he gets a few games for this as he is a repeat offender.

Landy needs to get rid of those games where he plays like a useless goon. He made dumb plays all game yesterday.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Oh give me a break. What is going on with this league, and why do they seem to have a stricter standard for Av players?

These are unintentional plays that just happen in the game of hockey. He's giving him cross check shoves to the shoulder while Tkachuk is completely bent over at a 90 degree angle, and his stick slides over his shoulder pad and hits him. He's not even looking at him as he does it.
Cross checking a guy in the face isn't okay because you don't know you're doing it.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He cross checked a guy in the head, if it was the other way around you lot would be whining like crazy. Let's call spade a spade, the league isn't out to get us, Landeskog is a dirty player with bad reputation (deservedly so) and I find it puzzling how a guy who is so smart in terms of hockey IQ can be so dumb when it comes to stuff like this and repedetly cost his team by pulling dumb stuff like this.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
One game at best. It was a 2 minute penalty. Nobody cared when Kerf got elbowed in the face several times in the Caps game. This is not like Landy coming across in open ice at all.
He should've gotten 5 and a game, the fact he got 2min means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Given his history I'd be surprised if he sits for less than two.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
My guess is 3. Repeat offender. Honestly that's probably about right for that play. It was dumb and unnecessary, those kind of plays need to be out of the game. Sure Thachuk sold it like it was his job, but it still doesn't mean that it wasn't a dumb play by Landy.

This kind of stuff still kills me with Landy, when you're the captain of the team you can't make plays like that and put yourself on the sideline. The Avs have fought hard this year to not be the laughing stock of the league, now we're looking at the most important home stand of the season and not having our captain for most of it. Just a poor decision on his part.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
One game at best. It was a 2 minute penalty. Nobody cared when Kerf got elbowed in the face several times in the Caps game. This is not like Landy coming across in open ice at all.
It was only a two minute penalty because the ref miscalled it. Should have been 5 and a game. Can't purposely cross check someone in the face. Just because it's our player doesn't mean it wasn't bad and intentional, it was a dangerous play that could have ended up much worse.

Reactions: GBoeklen32

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
He plays with an edge, and sometimes that gets him in trouble. Not excusing the behavior, just saying that's who he is. It was an immensely stupid thing to do and he let Tkachuk goad him into it. It deserves a suspension of 1 game, if he gets more I'll be extremely angry.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think he deserves 3+ for it.

Not because I think this particular incident is worth 3+ games. But he is a repeat offender and it seems like we have atleast one of these threads a year on here unfortunately.
So IMO 3+ are warranted.

I was always one of the people calling other people out for being too down on Landeskog and I believe he is a very vital part of this franchise.
I really like him.

But I always hate his tough guy antics (thats probably also why I am not a huge AJ Greer fan to say the least). He tries to always set the tone by stirring the pot.

There is nothing wrong in playing a gritty game and you certainly don't want to be known as a soft team. But Landy has crossed the line way too often and has had too many dirty plays in his career so far. And I hate that.
Very unnecessary. Just like that crosscheck to the head.

Maybe another longer suspension will help him cut that part out of his game.

I hated Cooke, Perry, Avery trying to influence games by just playing dirty.
Also not a big fan of Tkachuk so I am not too hearbroken that he was on the receiving end but still...

So I can't be a hypocrite and condone that repeated behaviour by Landeskog just because he wears burgundy and blue...

Reactions: MacBradley

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He's not a Cooke, or a clown like Avery or Perry, but he reminds me of Doan. And I don't mean that as a compliment. He had an image of a good Canadian boy, but he was a dirty POS, really hope Landy doesn't go that road.

Reactions: MacBradley

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
The decision seems to be dragging out, unless Landeskog had to fly to NY for an in-person hearing, which is likely a bad sign. Usually they are quicker with the news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->