Proposal: Landing spot for Malkin in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronzeSpruce

Mar 14, 2011
This team looks bad right now. I don't mind losing games this time of year but more concerning is the way we lose them. We just look horrible. Injuries def play a part but just for fun

Assuming we have a typical Penguin playoff run (maybe bounced in the first round since we can't seem to beat teams in the Metro). The "shake up" will most likely be malkin. Potential landing spots for him? teams that could use him? Teams he would waive his NTC to go to? What you would want to see as return? Moves that fit under the cap?

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
If we trade Malkin instead of Crosby this organization deserves to lose. But, we aren't trading either of them.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This team looks bad right now. I don't mind losing games this time of year but more concerning is the way we lose them. We just look horrible. Injuries def play a part but just for fun

Assuming we have a typical Penguin playoff run (maybe bounced in the first round since we can't seem to beat teams in the Metro). The "shake up" will most likely be malkin. Potential landing spots for him? teams that could use him? Teams he would waive his NTC to go to? What you would want to see as return? Moves that fit under the cap?

He mentioned New York and Montreal in the whole Gonchar/Dallas escapade. I could imagine both being destinations. Maybe the Isles, because they're good now. Maybe LA or Anaheim because he likes LA, if memory serves.

I can't see anyone else who pops out.

The return? Whatever one of those teams is generous enough to give you, but know this . . . it will set the Pens back at least a few years and make whatever team gets Malkin and Malkin himself the only winners in the deal.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Pens board is not a trade board. Let's move this to the trade board if you want to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg