Landeskog vs Couture- Who would you keep?

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
Couture. 1st line C in San Jose IMO, playing with Marleau on his wing.

Losing Stastny, and the question that is RoR is worrysome for keeping landy.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Couture. 1st line C in San Jose IMO, playing with Marleau on his wing.

Losing Stastny, and the question that is RoR is worrysome for keeping landy.

Losing Stastny isn't really an issue when you have Duchene, Mackinnon, ROR as fall-back centers. I say Skog.

ChrisWinsor

Oct 21, 2010
Losing Stastny isn't really an issue when you have Duchene, Mackinnon, ROR as fall-back centers. I say Skog.

Its not that Im worried he's lost a good centre to play with, just that anytime a teams top 6 gets worse, production doesn't generally increase for the other 5.

It seems like Landy also works real hard on his D game, which usually means they don't put up as high a point total as otherwise could.

Both guys are great though, really cant go too wrong with who you choose.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I'm a Landeskog owner but honestly if I were offered Couture in that league right now I'd probably take him. 'Skogger does everything in a multicat but Couture has that points upside. In a points only, you have to like Couture more. That being said...its awfully intriguing what Landeskog could become alongside MacKinnon...

Yarbles02

Dee’s A Bird!
Feb 10, 2012
Edmonton
I think it is Couture forsure. I think that the only way you keep Landeskog is if you feel that Mackinnon will go nuts and that he will heavily benefit from that. Now I'm not saying that won't happen. It is jut a matter of how much you think that will effect Gabe. Maybe I'm just too high on couture, but I'd keep him forsure.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think the only thing going for Landeskog in this comparison is that he plays a much more scarce position. Center is unbelievably deep, but Couture should give you more upside and current value at almost everything. If Couture has LW eligibility as well (for some reason I thought he did), I think it's a no-brainer to keep him.

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal
I own both of them in my league and I will be keeping both.

The only thing Couture has on Landeskog is MAYBE points, but I think people are going to be surprised by Landy's point totals in the future. He is only 21 and hasn't come close to his potential yet. And he will be playing alongside Mackinnon most likely. He will be a fantasy monster.

EDIT: Just saw "points only". So yeah this is a tough decision lol.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Its not that Im worried he's lost a good centre to play with, just that anytime a teams top 6 gets worse, production doesn't generally increase for the other 5.

It seems like Landy also works real hard on his D game, which usually means they don't put up as high a point total as otherwise could.

Both guys are great though, really cant go too wrong with who you choose.

How did the Avs top 6 get worse by switching out Stastny for Iginla?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad