Value of: Landeskog to NYI

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
See Hall for Larsson.

Landeskog is an all around beast and consistent 20+ goal scorer. He's not a 30+ or 40 goal scorer.

We're not adding a 25 goal scorer to a #2 defenseman for Lando.

I love Lando but the isles aren't a good fit trade wise. Leddy and Hamonic are the 2 that COL would want but the isles are giving up either.

People need to learn how much top4 defenseman are valued in this league.

Oilers wanted Larsson.

In this case it's Islanders wanting Landeskog, yes?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
That would be too much. See other trades for reference.

Hamilton for mid 1st and 2 2nd?
Boychuk for 2 2nds?
Leddy for prospects?

All depends on the team that's trading them. If you're referring to Hall for Larsson, that was because Oilers were completely desperate for a defensemen and had a surplus of talented forwards.

You can't just point to a trade and say 'this is the going price for defensemen' because trades don't happen in a vacuum. There's more things to consider than just value.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
See Hall for Larsson.

Landeskog is an all around beast and consistent 20+ goal scorer. He's not a 30+ or 40 goal scorer.

We're not adding a 25 goal scorer to a #2 defenseman for Lando.

I love Lando but the isles aren't a good fit trade wise. Leddy and Hamonic are the 2 that COL would want but the isles are giving up either.

I will assume you meant they are giving up neither. Colorado also isn't giving up our captain so quit acting like there are Avs fans who want to trade Landeskog as opposed to islanders fans who want him. While completely insulting us by offering absolutely NOTHING of value to the Avs in return for a player that isn't available

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Most likely not. He and Mackinnon should be off limits.

I will assume you meant they are giving up neither. Colorado also isn't giving up our captain so quit acting like there are Avs fans who want to trade Landeskog as opposed to islanders fans who want him. While completely insulting us by offering absolutely NOTHING of value to the Avs in return for a player that isn't available

See what I said on the first page. I was responding to a thread that was created. Relax Susie.

I said the only possible players that would possibly entice COL would be Leddy and Hamonic. That's not "NOTHING of value"

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hamilton for mid 1st and 2 2nd?
Boychuk for 2 2nds?
Leddy for prospects?

All depends on the team that's trading them. If you're referring to Hall for Larsson, that was because Oilers were completely desperate for a defensemen and had a surplus of talented forwards.

You can't just point to a trade and say 'this is the going price for defensemen' because trades don't happen in a vacuum. There's more things to consider than just value.

I agree 100% that each trade is a separate entity.

This is all of course hypothetical. I don't believe for one second that Lando is available but for the sake of the discussion if he were, it would be because the AVS wanted an upgrade on defense.

Those trades you mentioned were all for futures which IMO holds less value than known players/assets.

No way in hell would anyone predict that Weber, Nashvilles captain leader and top pairing defenseman would be moved albeit for a star defenseman in Subban. I wouldn't have even guessed Subban would be moved.

Also, in today's NHL top 4 defenseman are more valuable than top6 wingers. With exceptions of course.
Top pairing and top 4 defenseman are at a premium in the NHL. That's why we see a trade like Hall for Larsson.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Just because Snow passed on a great deal (Hall) dosn't mean Hamonic is worth Hall or more than Hall or that Landeskog isn't good enough because Hall was offered at one point in time.

There have been plenty of poor trades people thought were precedent setting and they didn't cause a trend at all. How many 1:1 star trades happened between Hossa/Heatley and Jones/Johansen?

I don't expect the Isles to find a better deal than Hall, nor do I expect another team to approach that kind of value for Hamonic again. I do think that it means Hamonic won't be moved so the discussion is moot anyways, Avs shouldn't be trading with the Isles unless they're robbing them blind of young talent.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Just because Snow passed on a great deal (Hall) dosn't mean Hamonic is worth Hall or more than Hall or that Landeskog isn't good enough because Hall was offered at one point in time.

There have been plenty of poor trades people thought were precedent setting and they didn't cause a trend at all. How many 1:1 star trades happened between Hossa/Heatley and Jones/Johansen?

I don't expect the Isles to find a better deal than Hall, nor do I expect another team to approach that kind of value for Hamonic again. I do think that it means Hamonic won't be moved so the discussion is moot anyways, Avs shouldn't be trading with the Isles unless they're robbing them blind of young talent.

If you understand the structure of the Islanders then Hamonic for Hall was not a great deal he passed on. It was a good hockey-value trade but not good for the team. I'd rather we sign Ladd tomorrow and keep Hamonic than only have Hall.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I would give CDH and Nelson and a possible add of a select prospect or pick

This is a solid start. Two cost controlled players making less together than Landeskog now.

One is a young two time 20 goal scorer C/LW with size, skill and room for growth.

The other is a young already top 4 dman with good advanced metrics and still room for growth.

Add in a top prospect like Dal Colle.

Maybe, Colorado wants a one to one trade for a top d-man as opposed to a package.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

The isles aren't looking for any deals involving Hamonic. He's not being traded. We want to keep a legit top for defense together. Maybe deHann could be moved in the right deal but thats about it. We don't want to turn into the oilers or AVS and be desperate for defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad