Oct 24, 2009
Unavailable:
Duchene.
Skinner.
Hall.
Seguin.
Kane.
O'Reilly.
(Yeah, I know there's an L.A. King player too. But meh).
Hurt:
de Haan (2nd pairing)
Schwartz (1st line)
Suspended:
Kassian (2nd line)

No sympathy from the Canadians that players are missing.

That said, I would have liked to have seen Landeskog play at full health.

............._@@@__
.... ___//___?____\________
..../--o-----CARE-POLICE----@}
...`===**@}=====+====**@}--'

Really, everyone is aware of Canadas depth. Nevertheless, that's not what this thread is about.

Pyke*

............._@@@__
.... ___//___?____\________
..../--o-----CARE-POLICE----@}
...`===**@}=====+====**@}--'

Really, everyone is aware of Canadas depth. Nevertheless, that's not what this thread is about.

The point was in response to the statement that Sweden is without it's 4 best players. We accept this to be true, but it's not like that is any worse than any other contending team.

It's unfortunate, but part of the beast. There's really no need to bring up OEL / Paajarvi in the thread about Landeskog's high ankle sprain, but the guy did.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
So this thread brings nothing we didn't already know. Landeskog has a sprained ankle and might even be on the ice against Canada. If not, he's most likely ready in the playoffs.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Yeah. Kyle Clifford is still eligible for the team.

His whole 6 points in 31 NHL games makes me question how big of a loss it is in comparison to some of the other lights, but technically he could play.
I just dont see him as guy that would have been on the team.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
The point was in response to the statement that Sweden is without it's 4 best players. We accept this to be true, but it's not like that is any worse than any other contending team.

It's unfortunate, but part of the beast. There's really no need to bring up OEL / Paajarvi in the thread about Landeskog's high ankle sprain, but the guy did.

Oh wow, that's complete ******** considering the actual depth some countries posses, they could ice a superior team, talentwise. Regardless of who they miss.

A countries "potential best team" is completely irrelevant when they still can ice the best team in the tournament. You only have to beat the actual teams participating, not a theoretical team.

Pyke*

I just dont see him as guy that would have been on the team.

I don't watch a lot of King's games, so I'm not sure. Still, he's got the size and build to fit the make-up of this team.

Oh wow, that's complete ******** considering the actual depth some countries posses, they could ice a superior team, talentwise. Regardless of who they miss.

A countries "potential best team" is completely irrelevant when they still can ice the best team in the tournament. You only have to beat the actual teams participating, not a theoretical team.

If the bolded statement is true, why does it matter that OEL and Paajarvi are missing?

Sure, Canada has depth, but the reality is when you're going with your 1B/2A team (assuming half our roster would not have made this team if our NHL players were available), losing your 1B players to injuries (with your 1A's in the NHL) is a significant impact.

I also agree that Sweden losing Landeskog is a *big* loss. Country Forest is their most dynamic offensive player. I just don't see why the person brought up players with NHL duties.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Hope he can play later on. He's def the player on the team who could be a deciding factor in a medal game.

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
I don't watch a lot of King's games, so I'm not sure. Still, he's got the size and build to fit the make-up of this team.

If the bolded statement is true, why does it matter that OEL and Paajarvi are missing?

Sure, Canada has depth, but the reality is when you're going with your 1B/2A team (assuming half our roster would not have made this team if our NHL players were available), losing your 1B players to injuries (with your 1A's in the NHL) is a significant impact.

I also agree that Sweden losing Landeskog is a *big* loss. Country Forest is their most dynamic offensive player. I just don't see why the person brought up players with NHL duties.

I never said it does matter. But if you can't ice the best team in the tournament without these players then perhaps it does matter. If you already have the best team in the tournament without the afromentioned players, I guess it's not a big deal. The only thing that matters is winning.

Lets look at it this way, Slovakia lose Gaborik/Chara, Canada lose Pronger/Nash - whom will be affected the least?

Point being; Canada probably has the best team regardless if they can't bring any of the players you mentioned. In that case, does it really matter if they can't bring them to the WJHC?
For Sweden, Pääjarvi and OEL would probably be the difference between a final and a bronze medal game.

Topic:

Neither hockeysverige.se, Expressen or Aftonbladet has confirmed that Country Forest is out of the tournament - I'm doubtful.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad