Landeskog hoping to be picked by the Sens

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Hmm. I like him least of the top 4 to be honest but its cool to hear he's a fan. I certainly wouldn't be anywhere near upset if we picked him and Larsson isn't available.

brtriad

Jan 18, 2009
The Loop
Oilers would be silly to pick RNH. At best he's a poor mans Taylor Hall while Couturier (sp?) is at best a very rich mans Dustin Penner. You guys already have an abundance of highly skilled players like Hall, Gagner, Eberle, and MPS. Finding a big body in front of the net and down in the corners who can play with those skill players should be a top priority.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Oilers would be silly to pick RNH. At best he's a poor mans Taylor Hall while Couturier (sp?) is at best a very rich mans Dustin Penner. You guys already have an abundance of highly skilled players like Hall, Gagner, Eberle, and MPS. Finding a big body in front of the net and down in the corners who can play with those skill players should be a top priority.

no, finding a centerman that can complement Hall should be #1 priority

I think RNH has the vision, speed and skills to match Hall

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
no, finding a centerman that can complement Hall should be #1 priority

I think RNH has the vision, speed and skills to match Hall

I think you guys have more to worry about than that. How about getting a defence? Larsson would be a good start.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

No he isn't. RNH is a gifted playmaker. Hall is a bull in a china shop goal scorer. They would be perfect together.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I think you guys have more to worry about than that. How about getting a defence? Larsson would be a good start.

no...our center depth is atrocious and our most glaring need

we don't have top-line guy that can play with Hall, Hemsky or Eberle

our defence prospects are actually pretty good (Petry, Marincin, Teubert)

KingJet*

Well I'm hoping to be picked by the Florida Panthers :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Anyways I think Ottawa will go with a Forward either way, I feel its Landeskog because they have a ton of Swedes there already (Alfie, Lehner, Karlsson, Rundblad) So why not make a team out of Swedes. Ottawa already has a Centre in Spezza so nothing to worry about, but no difference either way in picking between Landeskog and RNH, both good forwards.

sauce11

Apr 8, 2010
Listening to Bryan Murray yesterday, he said that Landeskog can line up as a C quite well. Not just 'he'll do', but quite well, so that likely chances a lot of the playing field. If they draft Landeskog as a winger period, then I could see them trying to move up to take a C with Nashville's pick + Ottawa's 2nd rounder, maybe even someone like Foligno if he's the piece necessary.

A lot of options for Ottawa. :)

You just made this indecisive sens fan even more so. hearing this makes me think Landeskog is the guy.

i also like the thought of parlaying Nashville's pick with second to move up.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
No he isn't. RNH is a gifted playmaker. Hall is a bull in a china shop goal scorer. They would be perfect together.

Pretty much this. Both guys love the puck on their stick, but Hall could really use an elite level distributor that can keep up with him, both ES and on the PP. RNH's deadly cross-crease saucers to Hall all day will keep me happy for years to come.

I'm happy with any of the top 4 though.

Grod

The New Era Lives On
Feb 10, 2010
Edmonton

Puck to tape as it is tape to puck. Hopkins plays on the fly as well as Hall does. One thrives on the pass and the other the finish. The beauty is that both can finish it. Hopkins from a surprising angle and a surprising amount of shots. Add Eberle to that equation. I'm scared we might have too much chemistry. Hopkins will make them both look better.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i was reading the ottawa citizen's sens blog (senatorsextra.com) and found this:

landeskog.jpg

landeskog is the one about to crush the other kid. This was apparently taken from the bell capital cup archives.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
i was reading the ottawa citizen's sens blog (senatorsextra.com) and found this:

landeskog.jpg

landeskog is the one about to crush the other kid. This was apparently taken from the bell capital cup archives.

So it's safe to assume he hates the Islanders? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad