Landeskog hoping to be picked by the Sens

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
I like him. But not as much as I like Nugent Hopkins, who is also a Sens fan.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
ESPN is making something out of nothing.

But yes...

Landeskog is a Sens fan, saw his first game in Ottawa while attending the Bell Capital Cup as an 11 year old

RNH is a Sens fan, has been since Jason Spezza entered the league

Larsson has ties to Ottawa, his coach is the scout we've leaned on most since 2008.

Ottawa picked a decent year to do poorly in....for those that say it doesn't make a difference, I'm sure it probably does to an extent.

H2O

Sep 18, 2005
Source please ?

Although Nugent-Hopkins pretty much grew up in the “We Are All Canucks†era, he managed to avoid getting swallowed up by Canuck Nation. His favourite NHL teams were the Ducks, Avalanche and Senators in that order. The Senators?

“I switched over to Ottawa once Jason Spezza came into the league,†he explained. “I really like him.â€

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Burnaby+star+Ryan+Nugent+Hopkins+ordinary/3803132/story.html

hctu

May 22, 2010
Evil Empire (C-Town)
According to the article, "the Senators were one of Nugent-Hopkins favourite teams growing up, largely because he’s a fan of Jason Spezza.'. To me, he's just being politically correct as he probably has similar replies for any of the bottom four teams that could pick him.

Pyke*

Avalanche!!!

Another Matt Duchene moment..

... Well.. kinda.

Sens and Avs are both awesome teams - let's not fight. Not sure how the Ducks got involved though. I liked the *mighty* ducks nostalgically. Not a fan of the Anaheim Ducks.

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
Will Sens pick Landeskog/RNH because 'favourite team' if they think Larsson/Couturier will be the best player of draft? No I guess.

What do you think how much the 'favourite team' factor is?

viach

Aug 5, 2007
Thanks all for precision ;)

Good to see another avs fan with RNH

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Will Sens pick Landeskog/RNH because 'favourite team' if they think Larsson/Couturier will be the best player of draft? No I guess.

What do you think how much the 'favourite team' factor is?

It's a bonus. That's about it. The media benefits more than the team does...but to say the team doesn't smile about it if he's the guy they want anyways....probably wrong. If I was a Sens fan growing up and I got picked there...I'd be on top of the world just a tad bit more if it was one of the other bottom feeders.

Factor in Karlsson, Rundblad, Lehner, Silfverberg, Alfredsson....the guy would probably love to be a part of that. As far as I can tell, Landeskog is very very highly regarded in Sweden, among his peers. He'd fit right in and I'm sure he knows that....these kids do their research.

Media in Ottawa when in interviews with Landeskog have already implied to him..."we want you". Which may mean nothing to the guys making the pick...but to the player at least he knows if they take him....the media won't question it....he'll be embraced from the get go.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Thats what you think! We stole the core of your tank plans in Elliot to give you a goalie who's playing for his life in a contract, Anderson! Good luck outtanking US!! :D

Clever move and I see its working out as planned..

Still I cant see how we can be out tanked at this point.

Pyke*

It's a bonus. That's about it. The media benefits more than the team does...but to say the team doesn't smile about it if he's the guy they want anyways....probably wrong. If I was a Sens fan growing up and I got picked there...I'd be on top of the world just a tad bit more if it was one of the other bottom feeders.

Factor in Karlsson, Rundblad, Lehner, Silfverberg, Alfredsson....the guy would probably love to be a part of that. As far as I can tell, Landeskog is very very highly regarded in Sweden, among his peers. He'd fit right in and I'm sure he knows that....these kids do their research.

Media in Ottawa when in interviews with Landeskog have already implied to him..."we want you". Which may mean nothing to the guys making the pick...but to the player at least he knows if they take him....the media won't question it....he'll be embraced from the get go.

And yet, in his game in Ottawa - he raced to the bus apparently rather than staying to sign autographs. It's one thing to do that in Plymouth or Peterborough where, you aren't likely to be playing there next fall - but from what I saw in the 67s game thread, a bit questionable behavior for a prospect.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Pyke:

Just to touch on this, I waited with a few friends outside the locker room after the game, and Landeskog just kind of bolted past everyone. I liked his game but wasn't at all impressed with this. Not like he could have just not seen us, either, there were about 50 fans waiting.

You should have been outside. He was out in front of the bus for a while signing autographs and taking pictures with people. Maybe he was just rushing outside because he knew that once he got to the bus he was going to be doing that?

If Landeskog ends up in Ottawa Pyke, you better not be the guy that has some bitter hatred for the guy every time he makes a mistake. Sometimes, you're reaching. I like RNH as much as anyone, but I like the fit with this guy quite a bit.

Pyke*

Pyke:

If Landeskog ends up in Ottawa Pyke, you better not be the guy that has some bitter hatred for the guy every time he makes a mistake. Sometimes, you're reaching. I like RNH as much as anyone, but I like the fit with this guy quite a bit.

Sorry, I have a habit of ignoring the one quoted poster these days.

I retract my position on that issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad