Recalled/Assigned: Lander recalled

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
There was an interview 6 months ago I think(forgot with who but lowtide ha it on his site) where harti said if he's not in the nhl next year he will go back to Europe. Which is understandable from his perspective but kinda sucks for us.

I wouldn't blame him but I hope he stays. He's getting close to being an effective 3rd line scorer in the NHL.

Hopefully if he does go to Europe that he'll come back to us.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I wouldn't blame him but I hope he stays. He's getting close to being an effective 3rd line scorer in the NHL.

Hopefully if he does go to Europe that he'll come back to us.

If Hartikainen wants to be an everyday NHLer he needs to bring the physicality game in and game out and continue to work on his skating. The kid is strong as an Ox but he needs to start asserting himself more physically.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
If Hartikainen wants to be an everyday NHLer he needs to bring the physicality game in and game out and continue to work on his skating. The kid is strong as an Ox but he needs to start asserting himself more physically.

Harti is a weird case study to me. He seemed to come out like gang busters when we first saw him up with the big club and then for some reason he seems to have regressed and hit a wall.

I wonder if he's not just over thinking it a bit and just needs to simplify it and just go out there and cause some trouble a bang and crash some bodies.

I don't think it's a matter of effort, maybe it's confidence?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Good. Trade Belanger for pick(s) and roll with Lander. He had a fantastic 6 point game a few nights ago, so I'm sure his confidence is high.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
who trades picks for belanger? i dont see it..

The only team that comes to my mind that might get desperate enough to do something stupid like that, is Vancouver.

Ever since Malhotra went down to that eye injury they've been needing someone to replace him on the 3rd or 4th line centre roll.

Maybe Gillis folds to the pressure he's under, he's gotta be feeling it out here.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I wonder why Lander wears #16 in OKC but #57 for the Oilers.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Maybe they're planning a Pat Hughes jersey retirement soon :sarcasm:

Oh, how soon they forget...

Buchberger_WHL.jpg

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
I wonder why Lander wears #16 in OKC but #57 for the Oilers.

57 is his training camp number, if he got to stay on the team I think he would use 51. the OKC numbers are random too, the forwards only wear numbers up to 40 for whatever reason.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
For the record, harti said that if he didn't have a 1 way contract he'd go back to Europe, not if he wasn't playing in the NHL. Big difference.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Hopefully is lander back in oklahama when belanger is back!
Lander need lot of toi working on his offensive game .8 minutes a night killing time doesnt develop anything, it only hurt his development.

I think lander can produce more then paajarvi in the future if given the oppurtunity,great hands and ultrasmart, need confidence and offensive minutes in the ahl.

McDavidson

#Jultzing
Mar 18, 2013
Hopefully is lander back in oklahama when belanger is back!
Lander need lot of toi working on his offensive game .8 minutes a night killing time doesnt develop anything, it only hurt his development.

I think lander can produce more then paajarvi in the future if given the oppurtunity,great hands and ultrasmart, need confidence and offensive minutes in the ahl.

Unless Gagner is on his way out, I don’t see why you would want to develop him into a scoring threat even more, the kid has skill, and can be a great PK and 3rd line center on our team, I think that’s what the Oilers brass has planned for him. We need center depth, so move up and down the line up. His game right now at an AHL level, is perfect for a PK type 3rd Line checker.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
"SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Oklahoma City Barons center Anton Lander has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Mar. 31, 2013."​

Good on him.

Edit: it feels good to be seeing some Edmonton prospects doing something for a change :)

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Could title of thread be changed to Lander recalled and Mike Brown sucks?

Many thanks.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Unless Gagner is on his way out, I don’t see why you would want to develop him into a scoring threat even more, the kid has skill, and can be a great PK and 3rd line center on our team, I think that’s what the Oilers brass has planned for him. We need center depth, so move up and down the line up. His game right now at an AHL level, is perfect for a PK type 3rd Line checker.

That lander has the talent to replace horc in the future in a checking line arent any news! But i rather want to see how he can develop his offensive game.
3 scoring lines isnt bad for a run and if not giving him at least 3 line minutes, i rather keep him in the ahl with tons of toi!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad