Recalled/Assigned: Lander recalled

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I'm open to the chance this could be an excellent call up.

Thankfully they didn't bring Hordichuk in.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Was hoping he'd get some time to develop some consistency at the AHL level.

He's been pretty consistent in the NHL. He's probably the best 4rth line centre option in the depth chart.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
With Belanger out they definitely need another true centre in the line-up.

I agree it would be nice to let Lander keep developing though. I imagine he will only be up with the big club until Belanger is healthy again or a trade takes place.

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Might also be trying to catch lightning in a bottle a little hear...... Calling up a player on a hot streak......far too often the oilers would wait for the player to cool down before calling him up in he past....

I expect jones to be dealt before the deadline

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
He will not score 6 pts (3G 3A) here... I just posted in the other threads about this (there seems to be a few now) that he's not an offensive guy... No 60 in center scoring has been below 0.5 ppg for several seasons now, and I think that's normal. Let's just not have too high expectations in Lander right now... He's more of a Callahan type of player imo.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Love Lander, but I hate the idea of messing with a club on a winning streak.

Oil In My Veins

May 27, 2007
Vancouver
www.OilInMyVeins.com
@dantencer
Ralph Krueger on Lander call-up: "Belanger's injury looks to be lingering, looks to be going on for a while."

@EdmontonOilers
"We need somebody else ready to jump in. He's our most multi-skilled and talented player (to bring up)." - Krueger on Lander recall

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Good for Lander, i thought that he played just fine in his last callup and was starting to play pretty consistently before being sent back down.

This leads me to believe that a forward is being shipped out because the current group of 12 is all playing pretty well, none of them deserve to be benched.

Koto

May 3, 2011
Might also be trying to catch lightning in a bottle a little hear...... Calling up a player on a hot streak......far too often the oilers would wait for the player to cool down before calling him up in he past....

I expect jones to be dealt before the deadline

yes pls.

hall-nuge-ebs
mps-gagner-yak
harti-horc-hemsky
smyth-lander-brown
petrell

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
yes pls.

hall-nuge-ebs
mps-gagner-yak
harti-horc-hemsky
smyth-lander-brown
petrell

Have we tried Paajarvi-Gagner-Hartikainen?

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Hartikainen
Yakupov-Horcoff-Hemsky
Petrell/Smyth-Lander-Brown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad