Rumor: Lander heading towards europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Slothersons*

Didn't read but if it's true, what a dope. Typical Russian.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Not getting a chance? He's had too many chances the last 2 years.

Right now he has finally earned a shot at the big team... and he's gonna bail?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
His top linemates in the NHL so far have been Petrell, Eager, and Jones.

Playing with those guys would make anybody want to go back home.

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Yikes...

LaGu >> TheWarriorSwe.

Closed. Continue discussion in the Lander/Klefbom recall thread.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Credit to LaGu for finding the interview this was based on.

When we reach Anton Lander he has just finished the morning practice with his team the Oklahoma City Barons. Later in the evening OKC beats San Antonio 5-2, team Captain Anton Lander scored 1 goal and 2 assists and was one of the three stars of the night. Lander has scored 48 points in 43 games so far this season.

- In terms of my development this has been my best year over here, I have become a better hockey player with respect to the last two years. I have developed my offensive game and the coach has shown trust and given me responsibility by letting me play in all situations.

- Now I am doing my last year of this contract and I really want to push as hard as I can. When I was sent down after TC they told me why, and that has remained in my head ever since.

What was the reason they sent you down, what did they tell you?

- Among other things it was about me being to careful, they told me that it looked like I was holding back and being too careful. I think that was spot on, I didn't want to make any mistakes so I tried to play solid and safe. Maybe that was not the right way to play for making the team.

Despite that Lander believes he is playing the best hockey since he came over in 2011/2012.

- Part of it is that I feel fresh and healthy, I create scoring chances, feel good playing defense and I am winning face offs. Looking at the complete picture I think I am a better player right now than during the last two years.

Despite that he has only played 12 games in the NHL this season, compared with 56 in his first year.

- I am not claiming to be an NHL player yet, but it would be great to be allowed to come up now to show them, and myself, what I can do and where I am. I can not complain that I have not gotten my chances, because I have been given opportunities, but it would be great to come back up now seeing as my contract is expiring and I think it would be good for the team, and for myself, to understand where I am in my development.

Do you think about your future, and if yes, how?

- Of course one has to consider that, and think about what to do, personally I do not know right now. I am fighting and will continue to fight during the remainder of this season in Edmonton or in Oklahoma and show everyone that I can be a player in the NHL. After that I have the summer to think about what I want to do based on the options I have.

Is playing in Europe an option?

- I want to play in the NHL, but I have to understand what my options are.

He has not spoken about his future with Edmonton yet, and right now he has no intention to because he is fully focused on the season. In the AHL he is chasing a playoff spot with Oklahoma.

- Lately we have been playing really good and we are heading into a tough and important phase of the season right now to reach the playoffs.

At the same time he is doing everything he can to get another chance in Edmonton before his contract expires. On Wednesday Lander was recalled again. It remains to be seen if he will get any ice time in the game against St Louis this night.

- I can only do my best and give it my all, then it is up to others to decide where and when I am playing.

Key points are bolded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad