Recalled/Assigned: Lander Called up from OKC, PRV Sent Down to OKC

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers
Coach Krueger announces the #Oilers have called up Anton Lander since Shawn Horcoff (sore neck) is out for tonight's game

In order to make room on the #Oilers roster with Lander coming up, fellow Swede Magnus Paajarvi has been sent down to the #OKCBarons

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
its unfortunate that to make room for lander paajarvI had to go down. he was playing pretty well.

we really need to get rid of 1 of peckham or potter and quit taking up a roster spot with 8 dmen asap

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Won't bode well for MPS confidence.

Why? Odds are he is back fairly soon. Horcoff will be re-evaluated tomorrow if he is out for 7 or more days he goes on IR and PRV is back. This move had nothing to do with Prv' s play and Kreuger will let him know.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Won't bode well for MPS confidence.

How so? It's purely a numbers and roles thing. We need a defensive C to come up and fill in Horc's shoes. Lander also was showing some chemistry with Teemu. PRV has a different skill set is all, and one that we don't need filled more than what Lander or Teemu bring.

Comrade Blunderbore

Генерал Файлюра
Mar 30, 2010
КПЗ
i hope Maggie is ok with this, it's just because of a stupid accident. also looking forward to him returning ASAP, he was pretty good lately!

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Why? Odds are he is back fairly soon. Horcoff will be re-evaluated tomorrow if he is out for 7 or more days he goes on IR and PRV is back. This move had nothing to do with Prv' s play and Kreuger will let him know.

Exactly. There's no way PRV is upset about this. It's a numbers game

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I hope Lander shows well, but I'm actually a littel concerned that Horcoff won't be in the line up. He had be very good in his role on this team.

Tough for PRV, it's just a numbers game, and he doesn't have to hit waivers.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
I have a theory that Pääjärvi wouldn't have been a bust if he had used his Swedish name instead of his Finnish one

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Lander

What's the story on Lander this year. His stats are nothing spectacular, and truth be told, I wasn't all that impressed with him last year. He was obviously in over his head and should have spent the year in the 'A', but he just seems like a no-offense, average speed, good defensively, soft player.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
What's the story on Lander this year. His stats are nothing spectacular, and truth be told, I wasn't all that impressed with him last year. He was obviously in over his head and should have spent the year in the 'A', but he just seems like a no-offense, average speed, good defensively, soft player.

Dont know about the soft part... Lander is a younger version of Petrell.. Would have looked good between Harti and Paajarvi but too bad Paajarvi got sent down.

Lander is also as chirpy as they get and would draw his fair share of penalties.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Why, we needed a center up, he's the only person outside of the kids that could go down without having to wait until tomorrow for them to clear waivers. I'm sure he understands he's just there for a day or 2.

Does VandeVelde need to clear waivers yet? If the plan was to send PAajarvi down maybe calling up VV would have been the better option.. The guy was here for the training camp and is decent on the draws..

Pajarvi and Lander wouldve played together in OKC..

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Does VandeVelde need to clear waivers yet? If the plan was to send PAajarvi down maybe calling up VV would have been the better option.. The guy was here for the training camp and is decent on the draws..

Pajarvi and Lander wouldve played together in OKC..

Horcoff is out and Petrell is kinda wounded so they probably wanted to bring in a solid penalty killer. VV is better on the dot then Lander, but Lander is a much better PK man.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Dont know about the soft part... Lander is a younger version of Petrell.. Would have looked good between Harti and Paajarvi but too bad Paajarvi got sent down.

Lander is also as chirpy as they get and would draw his fair share of penalties.

well I don't recall Lander laying many hits last year or doing much in games to make himself noticed.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
well I don't recall Lander laying many hits last year or doing much in games to make himself noticed.

He doesn't lay big hits, I just don't think it's part of his game, but he battles and gets physical. Really seems to have a knack for getting under the other players skin.
He definitely showed more of that in the AHL than the NHL, but that probably just goes to show that Lander wasnt quite comfortable in the NHL yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->